10mm vs 40 vs 45

10mm vs 40 Smith & Wesson. But it isn’t considered a wildcat round either, as there are a good number of handguns being produced to chamber it and there’s 10mm ammo just … Today on Kentucky Ballistics we shoot pine boards with 9mm, 40 S&W, 45 ACP and 10mm! being someone who collects different rounds I come across I put a few in my… Read More »10mm vs. .40 … .45 or .40 are far more common. A quick comparison of the sizes and ballistics of a 9mm round vs. a 10mm round will show you the unique advantages each round has to offer. Which caliber will make it through the most boards? The .40 gives you a nice sized round at a decent velocity along with good magazine capacity in a 9mm sized weapon. Not being either a handloader anymore, nor a hunter, the 10mm has little interest to me nowadays, other than a certain amount of nostalgia for the premise of its creation. 9mm, .40 or even the most impressve .45 and all are left in the dust and wanting! The first is their bullet diameters. 946 Views Share Embed Download In General. For decades, handgun shooters have argued over what is the most effective handgun caliber; a … Personally I think the .40 is better than the 10mm is, because both loaded hot there’s not a ton of difference in power (G20 180gr @ 1350 vs G35 180gr @ 1300) and if I want more power, I’ll grab the .44 Mag. .380 9mm .40 10mm or .45 one well placed shot and dead nothing really better about each round besides power and penetration they all kill in skilled hands and do there job in certain situations there is no better round than the one you train with period! I hope you enjoy the video and thanks for watching! 45 ACP Pluas+P is 23,000. 9mm vs 45 vs 40: Finding the Balance. The 10mm auto cartridge with a height of 0.992" has an average speed of 1199 fps from a 6" barrel and has an average 546 foot pounds per square inch of energy, while the 40 Smith & Wesson has a height of 0.85" travels around 1074 fps from a 6" barrel and has an average 423 foots pounds per square inch. Again, I don’t really care about 9mm vs 40 S&W vs 45 ACP. By Paul Evancoe. Seriously, with 10 MM, your well into the .41 mag realm of power, and much cheaper to boot, and a semi auto with decent round count. Left to right: 10mm, .40S&W My father purchased the contents of a storage building a few years back and as I was helping him clean out the building and empty the boxes I found a few boxes of 10mm rounds. Ammo manufacturers make deadly ammo for most calibers. There has always been a debate over the best caliber for self-defense. Today on Kentucky Ballistics we shoot pine boards with 9mm, 40 S&W, 45 ACP and 10mm! .45 ACP +P gets to the same energy level as the 10mm Auto. But, the .45 ACP counters that it is bigger at 100 yards than the 10mm at the muzzle. 10mm Auto and .40 S&W can fit more rounds into a gun since the round is smaller. I am partial to the 45 ACP and the 10mm, but I … We covered it before in examining 10mm vs .40. +14. A 230-grain Federal HST +P .45 ACP can achieve that velocity From a carbine barrel it should be close to 10mm performance and a 10mm handgun with 200 gr XTPs is considered one of the best choices for deer-hog hunting and couger-bear protection. They all have advantages but I would probably drop the .40 from my lineup before any of the others. It really all depends. 9mm vs. .40 .vs .45: The Definitive Article On Caliber Performance . It doesn’t matter to me. 0. This has been proven many times in timed events. My first choice in a handgun for hd is .357 mag 125 gr jhp ( still the gold standard for stopping power in a 4 or 6 inch barrel). I trust all of them with my life because of ammo choice and shot placement. I was more eager to see the Ruger P90 10mm introduced, but Ruger changed his mind at the last moment and released it in .45 ACP (which was still okay with me, being a longtime .45 shooter ). The only thing that comes close to 10mm full power ( .40) comparing it to the 45 is the 460 Rowland. 10mm … The gist of it is that 9mm is actually better for concealed carry and general shooting purposes, but 10mm is more capable for multi-faceted use. I have a .38 a 9mm, 10mm, 45, and 357. 9mm vs .40 vs .45 Debate | Which Is Better for Self-Defense? Please note, the following information reflects the estimated average ballistics for each caliber and does not pertain to a particular manufacturer, bullet weight, or jacketing type. .22lr is an assassins round yet we all … I believe, if you shoot the 40 S&W or 45 ACP well, you will always shoot the 9mm better. The .45 offered affordable practice ammo, and many self-defense loads. In most of the states, law enforcement agencies, and other institutes use .40 S&W as compared to the .45ACP..40 S&W is a 10mm and better than .45 ACP that is of 9mm..40 S&W offers the best double stack round count as compared to the .45 … Others think 9mm trumps all or the .40 caliber has its own merits. What DOES matter in a life and death situation is accuracy. Velocity over 13.1 gr BlueDot is 1245!!! A .40 S&W gives you more power upfront & more lethality but at the cost of capacity. Caliber Facts. Prior to 1990 every Gun magazine would have 9mm vs. 45acp articles monthly. 9mm VS 10mm: Power and Ballistics A photo comparing the 9mm cartridge on the left, and the 10mm cartridge on the right. The sheer fps and lbs at muzzle of the 10 not to mention the fact that is one of the flattest shooting rounds I know of out of a pistol ( check you tube hickok45 shooting a g29 and hitting steel at 85 yards) not that you need to shoot that far but its a great example of how flat it shoots. Plus, from what I have learned modern 10mm is not as powerful as it was in the 1980s. Re: 9 vs 40 vs 45 vs 10mm Short barreled edition « Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 03:20:40 PM » Personally, I strongly doubt I'll ever be in a firefight where I need to shoot as is needed in competition and I suspect that's true for most people. Personally, I have .40, 10mm, and .45 ACP (but not .45 super) pistols (among others). 9mm vs 40 S&W vs 45 ACP vs 10mm vs Pine Boards 0. On the 10mm side of the fence they like to point out that it has more energy at 100 yards vs the .45 ACP does at the muzzle. From the choices offered I'd go .40. The large-bore fan might proclaim, “Take a 147-grain 9mm bullet that might be going 950 to 980 fps from a compact pistol, and a 180-grain .40 S&W that might be doing the same velocity. As far as revolvers, I have .45 ACP revolvers because some of my .45 … Again, it REALLY comes down to whichever you shoot and like better. Truthfully, all of these calibers are awesome. The higher pressure .45's ballistics (hence the "+P") with its consequent increased velocity, are not too dissimilar from many 10mm loads—on paper. Also, the 9mm will carry more rounds than a similarly sized 40 or 45. Finally answering the 9/.45 debate but starting the .40 vs. .45 debate. The following ammunition cartridge ballistics information and chart can be used to approximately compare 10mm Auto vs .40 S&W ammo rounds. 9mm and 40 S&W a 35,000 and 9mm Plus +P is 38,000. The low pressure .45 doesn't gain as much from a longer barrel as the higher pressure .40 does. Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! For everyday carry I carry a Glock 27, can't go wrong with 9-40s&w rounds. There are those who are adamant that .45 caliber is the best, due to its stopping power. 0. While the 10mm ammunition is a true 40 caliber round with a .40” diameter bullet, the 44 Mag’s bullet is nearly .03” greater in diameter. A 45 will not spin you like a top but it does have more force than a 9mm when it hits flesh and bone. If .45 ACP is considered expensive then 10mm can be seen as costing a fortune on ammunition cost. He'll, even .357 mag won't even touch that! I carry a 9mm because I shoot it better than the 40 S&W or the 45 ACP. PREV VIDEO NEXT VIDEO MORE VIDEOS. Today we’re looking at two other titans of the automatic pistol world: the 10mm Auto and .45 ACP. Try any of that with. 45-70 vs 500 S&W Magnum vs … While there are others, you'll most likely end up choosing between 10mm vs the .45. There are three important things to take away when you put the 10mm and the 44 Mag side by side. We're going to discuss 10mm vs 9mm because the caliber wars just won't die down. Which caliber will make it through the most boards? Pick the cartridge you shoot the best, then spend a lot of time practicing. I guess my point is that rather than shoot .40 from a 10mm, just handload the .40 warm and not worry about 10mm. 10mm Auto vs. .40 S&W: A History of Convolution. There is an old saying that is worth consideration: “Never get into a gunfight with a caliber that does not start with anything less than a 4.” There are a number of arguments about which particular round is better, the 10mm Auto or the .40 Smith and Wesson. Standard 45 ACP operates at 21,000 PSI. 9mm vs .40 vs .45: Wound Placement In the hunting world, a debate lasted for decades between master hunters Jack O’Connor, who did much to popularize the light, fast .270 Winchester rifle cartridge, and Elmer Keith , who was a vociferous advocate of large calibers and … As far as popularity, the 10mm still isn’t as popular as the .45 ACP, or the 9mm, or the cartridge that attempted to replace it, the .40 S&W. After the FBI 10mm adoption and subsequent dropping the .40s&w was born. To assuage my lingering guilt, I rationalized I could duplicate my departed 10mm if I loaded my Glock with.45 ACP+P ammunition. When it comes to autoloading big-bore, 10mm and .45 ACP are the two mainstream choices. The .40 got a raw deal in that discussion, but I did my best to defend it and make it as equal of a comparison as possible. 10mm vs 44 Magnum Cartridge Comparison. Sure, there are a couple of ammunition companies that reproduces the original load pressures of the 1980s but most companies only provide the “watered down” version. Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear. These are both great choices that have a huge gun pool to choose from, with 9mm still the king of the hill and the .40 S&W only trailing the .45 ACP in terms of gun options at most retailers. The 10mm Auto devotees point out that the 10mm has more energy remaining at 100 yards than the .45 ACP does at the muzzle. .40 S&W has better-stopping power as compared to the .45 ACP. 10mm is 37,500 and 357 Sig is … Re: .45 vs .357 vs 10mm auto - 04/15/12 Quote do a serch for 1904 handgun trials.. they actually tested rounds into cadavers and at the stockyards on live … In my last State Your Case article, I talked about the 9mm vs. .40 S&W. Manufacturer: Berry's Bullets 100 Round Hinged Top: .40 S&W / 10mm / .45 ACP - SMOKE - (Lot of 12 Boxes)

Hobby Lobby Picture Frames, How Long Is A Donkey Pregnant, Semi Fine Jewelry Meaning, When A Woman Dyes Her Hair Red, Positive Emoji Copy And Paste, Trumpet Of The Swan Moral Lesson,

Leave a Reply