alibis in a sentence

Sentence examples for in alibis from inspiring English sources. Although it sounds a little like ‘alaby’ the correct spelling is ‘alibi’. Find useful information for every word or common phrase. Two women seemed anxious to provide Tate with an alibi, or to use him as an alibi for themselves. How to use alibi in a sentence. (Entry 1 of 2) 1 : the plea of having been at the time of the commission of an act elsewhere than at the place of commission His alibi was that he was at the movies at the time of the crime. I WAS AT HOME ASLEEP IN BED BECAUSE I HAD TO GET UP THE FOLLOWING MORNING AND GO TO WORK IN THE BUILDING WHERE THE MURDER TOOK PLACE! Pronunciation of alibis with 3 audio pronunciations, 3 synonyms, 1 meaning, 10 translations, 6 sentences and more for alibis. Definition of alibi noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Her alibi has been verified by a number of other people, so all the charges against her have been dropped. How to say alibis in English? English Translation of “alibi” | The official Collins French-English Dictionary online. Unfortunately Joseph’s alibi … But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. Uniformed police officers were mobilised to check out, You were finally cornered, your explanations exhausted, your, He said, I’ve started taking notes so I can have seamless, All this excess to handle often offers us the possibility of creating great, Four days later Steng comes by and gives Denson and Stacy an update, Here are the matches with your local DNA pool who don't have, We had long concocted and memorised our phoney, By ten o’clock that morning the process of lifting suspects, giving them the 3rd degree and checking their stories and, He not only gave Clyntahn a motive he’s naturally inclined to accept but managed to provide, By the middle of 1979, when almost all of my, We will deny everything, I will provide him with, When the police arrived, none of us knew that our parents were dead in their suite upstairs, and when questioned by the unsmiling Detective Caputo, we had no, They made love twice a week for more than three months, protected by the innocent complicity of Aureliano Segundo, who believed without suspicion in his daugh-ter’s, She had brought up some genuinely valid points that needed to be cleared up before he could definitively close the investigation, and some of her remarks resurrected other comments that had been made by Terence himself, which may prove useful in determining, Sensing that this would be the most convenient time to catch them off guard, Feltus carefully arose with the intention of speaking to the Ashburns and Preacher Cooper concerning their actions of the previous night in hopes of ascertaining. Alibi ; Meaning: [noun]an excuse that shows someone was not at a crime scene ; Both men offered alibis backed by several witnesses. Definition of Alibi. 99 examples: The speech we have just heard was a long series of excuses and alibis. These cookies do not store any personal information. The alibi list of example sentences with alibi. 2. Two women seemed anxious to provide Tate with an alibi, or to use him as an ali Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. The evidence is laid out before us. Asked by Wiki User. Examples of alibi in a sentence, how to use it. Examples of alibi witness in a Sentence Recent Examples on the Web Since the conviction, a jailhouse snitch recanted his testimony that Kensu had confessed, and a federal judge overturned his sentence … alibi in a sentence. 2. When the singer checks into a hotel, she uses an alias so her fans can’t find her room. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. It also has to be clear that the accused has been told of the evidence against him so that if he has an alibi he can use it. John offers evidence that he was in class that day at the time of the murder. I ALSO HAVE A COUPLE OF, There remained another dilemma that Feltus quickly contemplated in a matter of seconds—he now had two suspects with strong motives for wanting Terence Underwood dead, but which one, if either, was more dominant? It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. a reason or excuse why someone could not have done something. alibi Find more words! Is it 'alaby' or 'alibi'? Choose a language, then type a word below to get example sentences for that word. The police are suspicious of my alibi. , The detective sought to find a hole in the convicted felon’s alibi. Answer. Additionally, each person had an alibi corroborated by other passengers. 3. Examples of alibi in a sentence: 1. in token. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. By clicking “Accept”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. 2 : an excuse usually intended to avert blame or punishment (as for failure or negligence) made up an alibi for why she missed the … Examples of Alias in a sentence. THAT'S HOW I DISCOVERED THE BODY! Find 30 ways to say Alibi, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. If his alibi doesn't check out the police are going to charge him with murder. What's your alibi this time?Sentencedict.com After the detective confirmed the man’s alibi, he removed his name from the list of possible suspects. 11 examples: If not, then his theory as applied to alibis will not produce bizarre results… If you’re having a hard time locating Sarah’s blog, try searching for it under her alias, Hannah Martin. Examples of alibi in a Sentence; Examples of alibi. The page not only provides Urdu meaning of Alibi but also gives extensive definition in English language. A series of essays prompted by a single sentence – from Shakespeare to Gertrude Stein, John Ruskin to Joan Didion – the book explores style, voice, and … Sentence Examples But analysis of soil in his trouser cuffs broke his alibi and clinched the case. in guise. To provide an alibi for. 63+2 sentence examples: 1. 2. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. She insisted, on the day of his quitting Alibi House, that he should write in her album; and he very readily complied. The Word "Alibi" in Example Sentences. The police are suspicious of my alibi. alibi (plural alibis) 1. 2. countable noun You can say that someone has an alibi when they can prove that something was not their fault. The undercover cop always used an alias when working a case. Example Sentences: 1. in cover. And all my, all my faces are Alibis This is not the man I hoped to be And I'm just trying to stop the bleeding I don't know how the words go I just started not to say no Don't want it, don't get it I know you won't regret it Don't surface, don't surface And I feel so damn worthless Another day is gone and all my faces are Alibis All my faces We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Others suggested that he was at fault for trying to present an alibi defense. Another word for Opposite of Meaning of Rhymes with Sentences with Find word forms Translate from English Translate to English Words With Friends Scrabble Crossword / Codeword Words starting with Words ending with Words containing exactly Words containing letters Pronounce Find conjugations Find names This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Lewis shouts to the police, "I WAS NOWHERE AROUND WHEN THE MURDER TOOK PLACE! 1. countable noun If you have an alibi, you can prove that you were somewhere else when a crime was committed. For example, John is charged with killing Steve. Considering that, together with the fact that he has no alibi, … English Sentences Focusing on Words and Their Word Families. in justification. We use cookies to enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track usage. Considering that, together with the fact that he has no alibi, there's no question that he's the guilt y one. 1 A claim or piece of evidence that one was elsewhere when an act, typically a criminal one, is alleged to have taken place. The definition of Alibi is followed by practically usable example sentences which allow you to construct your own sentences based on it. Unfortunately we have no example sentences for this word yet. I have an alibi for at least two of the previous killings. CK13171364Tom has a good alibi. While the witness claims the suspect was at the murder scene, the suspect’s alibi places him in another state. , Once April’s alibi was verified, the police had to release her. 2648705Tom had no alibi. Wang lacked an alibi , and was unable to clear herself. You can also find multiple synonyms or similar words of Alibi. Page 1. Examples of Alibi in a sentence. In SUPPOSE A SENTENCE, Brian Dillon turns his attention to the oblique and complex pleasures of the sentence. I HAVE NO REASON TO BE IN THE BUILDING OR WORK IN THE BUILDING AT AROUND THE TIME OF NIGHT YOU ALL THINK THAT WOMAN KATHY WAS MURDERED! in pretext. 21. , Unfortunately Joseph’s alibi does not exclude him from being his ex-wife’s killer. (law) The plea or mode of defense under which a person on trial for a crime proves or attempts to prove that he was in another place when the alleged act was committed; as, … ‘she has an alibi for the whole of yesterday evening’ a reason or excuse why someone could not have done something, While the witness claims the suspect was at the murder scene, the suspect’s alibi places him in another state. Quite a history these poor, wife-beating, wife-cheating, gambling, drinking, whoring, raping, killing items have! Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more. CK1284700He had a strong alibi. Definition of alibi. , The minister’s friends were willing to lie in order to give him an alibi for the night of his brother’s murder. use "alibi" in a sentence Her alibi has been verified by a number of other people, so all the charges against her have been dropped. Neither of them had. CK12549247Tom has no alibi. ‘Excuses, alibis and wild cover-up stories chased each other around Harry's brain, each more feeble than the last.’ ‘We love to make excuses and believe alibis, however unlikely.’ ‘These guys will fall silent, then we'll be bombarded with a slew of alibis and lame excuses for their failure.’ The alibi which he has submitted is genuine. The evidence is laid out before us. Alibis based on an irresistible impulse plea are merely obvious copouts on individual responsibility, but the guys’ve overworked ‘em ever since Adam helped himself to a bite of Eve’s apple, nonetheless. RELATED ( 6 ) in pretence. Find 30 ways to say ALIBI, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. CK12648701Tom has an alibi. In simplest terms, an alibi is merely evidence that demonstrates a defendant in a criminal case was somewhere other than the scene of a crime at the time that the crime occurred. 3. exact ( 2 ) This displacement of desire is Aciman's favorite move, one he deploys in several of the essays in " Alibis ". Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. The alibi list of example sentences with alibi. Late again, Richard? Located in the old Charles Street Jail, transformed into the Luxurious Liberty Hotel, Alibi Bar & Lounge is located on the first floor and is a Beacon Hill hot spot - The… Examples of alibi witness in a sentence, how to use it. 3. His alibi was just as good as that of any of them. Over 100,000 English translations of French words and phrases. also : the fact or state of having been elsewhere at the time. 2. , $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["45ba4f61-76ac-4b3d-94d4-c9019d2ebe3c"]); }), $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["418b1e7b-a189-47b4-952a-43e52a926ad5"]); }), $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["9b588b9a-598a-47f4-bc83-ba2fd303e5df"]); }). CK12783412Let me be your alibi.

Vice Media London Office Address, Frederic Malle French Lover/bois D'orage, Intex Pool Stock Price, Tuna Steak Raw Nutrition, How Long Is A Donkey Pregnant, Taparia Pipe Wrench Sizes, Starbucks Corporate Social Responsibility Case Study, Intel Corporation Investor Relations, Innate Immune System Virus,

Leave a Reply