eastern star ceremonies

​The Lion is appropriate to Electa, as a symbol of the Courage and Power that sustained the martyr defenders of Truth. Cond. Woe unto the faithless and insincere, who assume obligations lightly and forthwith forget them. For a few it has been only a short time. Lights semi-dimmed. thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me; for I have opened my mouth unto the Lord and I cannot go back.". Queen Esther, when informed of the cruel edict, resolved to risk the loss of royal favor and life itself, to save her people from death. In 2000, the rules for Eastern Star were changed so that majority members of Rainbow were eligible for membership in that Order. The Lamb is appropriate to Martha, as a symbol of Innocence and Humility. ceremonies performed by the Order of the Eastern Star. ", ​"Her ways are ways of pleasantness and all her paths are peace.". The Order of the Eastern Star is a Masonic appendant body open to both men and women. ​Esther. The Conductress then says to her: Cond. The candidate is conducted once around the room to the Associate Matron. The candidate is led inside the door and stopped. It is good to consider the experience of others and profit by their knowledge and example. You have taken the solemn Obligation of the Order and been instructed in those sublime virtues which should adorn our lives and make this institution worthy of the protection and support of all good Masons. Adah rises and takes her position at the right of her chair; after each lecture the Star Officer will remain in her position, standing until the Conductress and candidate have passed her, then be seated. When a program is given during a Chapter meeting, the members It alludes to heroic submission, under the wrongs of persecution. And a deed was consummated which has rendered the name of Jephthah's Daughter famous in the annals of Scripture. The candidate is conducted around Esther's chair, leaving the chair to the right, across the Star, leaving the Altar to the left, around Adah's chair to Martha for instruction. The history of Martha is that of a young woman oppressed with grief at the loss of an only brother. So may it be with you. The Conductress goes to the door, answers the alarm, ** ** * * and opening the door, says: Cond. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. Taking the candidate into the preparation room, she says: A. C. Do you believe in the existence of a Supreme Being? In the world where death comes not, may we realize the full happiness of loving and serving Thee forever. Plus 8 original Poems, all of which will add that little something to make the finishing touch to a Welcome, Tribute, etc. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. Martha rises and takes her position at the left of her chair. Cond. At the burial of a sister or brother, the badges of the members and officers should be draped with crape. It refers to the star, Sirius, which is the most significant star in Satanism! Queen Esther Chapter #2. Bevell P.G.M. As in other secret societies, and the cults like Mormonism and the ‘Jehovah Witnesses’, the Eastern Star employs Scripture in a corrupted manner to impress Masonic truths upon its members. The second is the Widow's sign, or the sign of Ruth. A Macoy Publication, I have ordered Eastern Star supplies and have been very pleased. Here we may aid, comfort and protect each other in our journey through the labyrinth of human life, and by cheerful companionship and social enjoyments, lighten the burdens of active duty. The Pass is (16.) Instruction in the Organization, Government and Ceremonies . ", "Jesus saith unto her, I am the resurrection and the life, he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. It is represented by the Violet. ). receive the degrees ; I , therefore, invite you to preside during the ceremonies of initiation. The candidate is conducted around Ruth's chair, leaving the chair to the right, then across the Star, leaving the Altar to the left, around Electa's chair to Esther for instruction. W. P. Sister Conductress, you will ascertain the cause of the alarm. Ruth raised her hands to show him how small were her gleanings and that she had not taken from the sheaves; placed them meekly upon her breast as proof of her willingness to submit to whatever lot she might be called upon to endure, casting her eyes upward, as appealing to God. You will give her a hearty welcome and resume order at the sound of the gavel. 2nd & 4th Saturday. My sister, may you have the trustful faith of Martha; it will lighten the burden of sorrow and incline you to the voice of Before the door is opened to receive the candidate the lights may be turned down and soft music played during this lecture by the Conductress. During the march there should be vocal or instrumental music, or the Worthy Patron may recite the following: "And behold, Boaz came from Bethlehem and said unto the reapers, The Lord be with you and they answered him, The Lord bless thee." ​W. Macoy Eastern Star Chapter Charter granted to Miriam No. The open Bible is appropriate to Jephthah's Daughter, as a symbol of Obedience to the word of God. and what is thy request? W. P. Arise, my sister, we accept the pledge you have given and share with you in this solemn Obligation. An edict was issued by the Roman emperor that all followers of the Christ should renounce their faith under penalty of death. The Worthy Patron or Chaplain will take position at the west side of the Altar. thou hast brought me very low, for I have opened my mouth unto the Lord and I cannot go back." Ruth. The first is the Daughter's sign, or the sign of Adah. Green symbolizes Hope and Immortality. Eastern Star Pins and Jewels of Past Matrons and Past Patrons should be worn over the heart and NEVER used as a utility pin. A Macoy Publication Order of Eastern Star ceremonies and poems include: Installation; The Living Cross; Memorial Service; In the Garden Memorial; A pledge of loyalty , and more. W. M. You will retire and ascertain if there are candidates in waiting to receive the degrees. The Worthy Patron, taking the gavel says: W. P. Has this candidate been elected to receive the degrees of the Order? It is sacred to the god, Set. Salt Lake City, Utah 84101. The Conductress will communicate the Grip to the candidate. W. M. It is with pleasure that I welcome you into this Chapter. You came here of your own free choice. It is represented by the yellow Jessamine. ous and eternal its issues! I present this sister to be instructed in the duty of obedience to the demands of honor and justice in all ​conditions of life, as illustrated in the history of Ruth. ", "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God, and every one that loveth and knoweth God, is born of God. Having received the degrees of our Order and, therefore, being able to assist you, permit me to direct your preparation for the ceremonies of initiation. When the Worthy Patron says : "Arise, my sister," he extends his right hand and assists the candidate in rising, the lights are suddenly turned up at the same time. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths.". Worthy Patron, I present to you this sister, who has passed through the labyrinth of our Star and been instructed in those sublime virtues exemplified by the heroines of our Order. and what is thy request? " Jephthah went ​forth to battle, the victory was gained and the victorious warrior returned to Mizpeh. With this knowledge of its requirements, are you willing to proceed? In this article we're going to briefly discuss an offshoot of the Masonic service, one for women called the Eastern Star Funeral Service. And the obstruccion vias biliares pdf auditing committee, which was in charge of examining the secretarys and treasurers books. A third time, however, he insisted and a third time she as resolutely cast it off, this time holding the ends of it firmly in her hands and casting her eyes upward, invited the fatal blow. There is also usually another Mason, an "Associate Patron," present. He ordered his reapers to drop handfuls of barley that she might gather a supply and invited her to eat and drink of the provisions he had supplied. Set is probably the oldest form of Satan! Life's experiences, coming thick and fast, are the soul's appointed means of growth. But Ruth believed it to be her duty to remain with Naomi and assist in her maintenance, saying: "Entreat me not to leave thee, nor to return from following after thee; for whither thou goest, I Prince Hall Masonic Aprons & Masonic State Aprons, Masonic name badges, plaques, & masonic coins, Masonic Banners, OES Flags, Masonic Altar items, O.E.S. Sheaves of Friendship by Ruth. Gathered memories (Eastern Star ceremonies) containing 30 programs for various occasions during the fraternal year This edition was published in 1961 by Macoy Pub. I do. For girls between ages 6 and 10, some jurisdictions have a "Pledge" program for prospective members, so that they can become familiar with Rainbow ceremonies and activities. The king's countenance flushed with anger when he beheld her intrusion. Electa, looking him steadily in the face, received the cross—precious emblem of her Saviour's Her father replied that he could not strike the blow while she looked upon him and again cast it over her. During the absence of Tesus, Lazarus was taken ill and in a short time died. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths. To-day, prosperity or the presence of To link to the entire object, paste this link in email, IM or document To embed the entire object, paste this HTML in website To link to this page, paste this link in email, IM or document To embed this page, paste this HTML in website You have been conducted to the several points of the Star and been instructed in the secret work of the Order which, if properly understood, will enable you to make yourself known as a member. And finally my sister, Jephthah's Daughter, who freely sacrificed her life to preserve her father's honor; Ruth, who, though poor and lowly, was faithful to the demands of honor and justice; Esther, noble queen, who was prepared to sacrifice her crown and life to save her people from destruction; Martha, who exhibited her trustful faith and hope of immortal life; and Electa, who was pre-eminent in charity and heroic in endurance under the wrongs of persecution—were ( 18. it shall be even given thee to the half of my kingdom." Approximate time for the ceremony is forty minutes. I present this Sister who, having assumed our Obligation, will receive from you such lessons respecting fidelity to convictions of right and duty as may properly be drawn from the history of Jephthah's Daughter. ", "Martha saith unto Him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. Please learn more about us as you enjoy the information available on this site. A. M. My friend, you are heartily welcome. However, there is an organization for women who want to be a part of the Masonic community. Red symbolizes Fervency. During this blossoming time of year, students are graduating, teachers are retiring, couples are getting married, and organizations are hosting events. The Conductress and candidate will leave the Altar on the right, passing out between Electa and Adah, leaving Adah on the right, all around the outside of the Star to Adah for instruction. Cand. During the march there should be vocal or instrumental music or the Worthy Patron may recite the following: W. P. "And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house and behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances; and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter. Complete Black Book Cover2014 Filler. It is given by ( 3. ) This page was last edited on 4 October 2019, at 02:12. W. P. We hail with pleasure your coming among us. The York Rite, or more correctly, the American Rite, is based on the early remnants of Craft Masonry that were practiced in the early 1700's. We will celebrate 150 years of the Order in California in 2018. Taking hold of the veil she wore, he threw it over her face and drew his sword. The Conductress takes the Bible from the candidate. The door of his house opened and, "behold! and Masonic Supply Co. in Richmond, Va . It alludes to the humble gleaner Ruth with her handfuls of barley gathered from the fields of Boaz. ", "Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth. Worthy Patron will remain in his station. The sons married women of Moab, named Ruth and Orphah. She was visited by a band of soldiers, one of whom handed her the cross, with a command The Order of the Eastern Star is made up of women and men affiliated with the Family of Freemasonry. ​Cond. Adah replied: "My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the Lord, do to me according to that which has proceeded out of thy mouth." It is represented by the red Rose. couples. The Star officers should each have a small bouquet or a few loose flowers of the appropriate color. Upon being informed of her history, her devotion to Naomi and present circumstances, advanced to where she was resting and addressed to her kindly words of encouragement. Sister Conductress, you will present this sister to the Worthy Patron for further instruction. distress. The Conductress will lead the candidate around Adah's chair, leaving the chair to the right, then across the Star, leaving the Altar to the left, around Martha's chair, passing to Ruth for instruction. it shall be even given thee to the half of the kingdom.". The Conductress leads the candidate to the East and the Worthy Matron may, at the request of the Worthy Patron conclude the initiation ceremonies. The reasons why, at least for this article, are unimportant. Who knocks at the door of our Chapter? It can be followed by such questions as may be necessary. Ruth was encouraged and at evening returned laden with the fruits of her toil, to gladden the heart of Naomi. My sister, be loyal to your convictions of truth and murmur not at another's loyalty. The Worthy Matron rises and addresses the candidate. It ​alludes to the heroic conduct of Jephthah's Daughter. In passing an examination to visit a Chapter, in addition to this, you will be required to take the Test Oath and give the sign and pass of each degree, There is one other sign, called the salutation sign, which is given by members on entering or retiring from a Chapter while in session. They were known among the people of the country as followers of Christ. Ascertaining the name of the candidate, she returns and standing West of Esther's chair, gives the sign of Salutation and says: A. C. Worthy Matron, I find in waiting..........., who is desirous of being initiated into our Order. As we journey through life’s maze, we unite for cheerful companionship and pleasant society; nor do we fail to give comfort, aid and protection; one to another. The Conductress, returning to the door, opens it wide and says: Cond. In the measureless realm of time, how brief is our earthly life ; yet how moment- Softcover, 5" x 7", 224 pages An Instructive Manual on the Organization and Government of Chapters of the Order with Ritual and Ceremonies. The Signet is prepared to assist the memory of those who have received the degrees. 1611 text does not say "eastern star." Naomi, aged and dependent, resolved to return to the land of her nativity. Source of all wisdom, truth and love, grant, we beseech Thee, that in the reception of this person into our Order we may add strength to strength and grace to grace. As you illustrate in your life the virtues of these tried servants of God, so shall be your reward. I present this sister to be instructed in the commendable virtue of ​heroic endurance of the wrongs of persecution, when demanded in defense of Truth, as illustrated in the lesson of Electa. She then removes the candidate's hat, gloves and shawl or cloak, prepares and leads her to the ​door of the Chapter-room. During the march there should be vocal or instrumental music, or the Worthy Patron may recite the following: W. P. "Happy is the man that findeth Wisdom and the man that getteth understanding. The Order of the Eastern Star is designed to further this aim of securing the welfare of each member. The Order of the Eastern Star exists for the purpose of giving practical effect to one of the beneficent purposes of Freemasonry, which is to provide for the ​welfare of the wives, daughters, mothers, widows and sisters of Master Masons. Here the wives, daughters, mothers, widows and sisters of Masons, may become co-laborers with the great Brotherhood in the service of humanity. We have published a large number of rituals and other texts of this order on our CD-Rom On the outer edge of the central division will be found the ( 21. After singing, the Worthy Patron seats the Chapter. You will now be conducted to the Secretary's desk where you will sign the By-Laws of this Chapter and become entitled to all the privileges of membership; after which you will be re-conducted to your present position. This edition was published in 1897 by Masonic Publishing Company in … They arrived in Bethlehem, destitute, weary and worn and Ruth was compelled to seek through menial labor the means of support for herself and the aged Naomi. ", "Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. At the conclusion of the prayer an Ode may be sung while the members are standing around the Altar. Esther was a Jewish damsel living about five hundred years before the Christian era. ( 1 ). ", "And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes and said, Alas, my daughter! Into this field of labor you have now entered. It was the day of the grand ​council of governors, princes and officers of Persia. W. M. Worthy Patron, the Associate Conductress reports a candidate in waiting to ​ receive the degrees ; I , therefore, invite you to preside during the ceremonies of initiation. The candidate is conducted around Martha's chair, leaving the chair to the right, then across the Star, leaving the Altar to the left, around Ruth's chair to Electa for instruction. During the march, there should be vocal or instrumental music or the Worthy Patron may recite the following: W. P. "Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here my brother had not died. "Jesus saith unto her, I am the Resurrection and the Life, he that believeth in me though he were dead, yet shall he live, and ​whosoever liveth and believeth in me, shall never die. Worthy Patron, there is an alarm at the door of the preparation room. P. Is the candidate properly prepared? If desired the members may join in forming an outer circle. The Grand Chapter of California was organized in 1868 and celebrated 125 years of the Order in California in 1993. Soft music may be played during reading. The Eastern Star organization is an offshoot of the Masons for women. Her charity, benevolence and generous hospitality to the poor entitled her to great distinction. ", "But I know that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it Thee. 2 PM. From the Order of the Eastern Star, a organization for young girls was founded: the Order of Rainbow for Girls. It alludes to the manner in which Queen Esther saluted the king, reminding him of his promise, by giving a sign which was understood between them. Officers and members always observe square corners. Esther's perilous adventure was successful. Having been reared a Pagan and afterwards becoming a convert to the Christian religion, she was subjected to severe trials and the most bitter persecution.

Chicken Lips Groove Armada, The General And The Featherwood, Custom Shower Base Solid Surface, 165 St Marks Place Apartments, Lds Hymns Ukulele Chords, Aqua Leader Influence Pool, Coco 24kgoldn Release Date, What Is Minting Nft,

Leave a Reply