frog log canada

consistent shot-to-shot. These matches are much different than the ones that are shot on paper on a square range where you get sighters. While both cartridges offer excellent accuracy, each have their advantages and disadvantages. It is somewhat counterintuitive that cartridges like the 6 BRA and 6mm Dasher, which have less powder capacity than the .243 Win., can launch relatively tiny 105-grain VLD (Very Low Drag) bullets more accurately at 1,000 yards than, say, a .300 Win. At the upper end this is a warm load and should only be used with fire-formed brass. I have a Lapua Dasher Chamber, so I have to trim the neck back for a shorter overall length. Really like the Charge weight/bullet weight chart, fascinating how tightly they grouped, especially those using the same bulletweights. In 2016, Greg King won a National Bench Rest Shooters Association event with a "Grinch" wildcat, besting a field of mainly 6mm PPC competitors. This allows the Dasher to drive 105-108gr bullets comfortably at 2970-3000 fps without over-stressing the brass. Gunsmith Dan Dowling is credited with its invention. It can be really useful. I have a Shilen rifle chambered for 240 Weatherby I purchased in the early 1980s. Barrel twist just didnt make the cut, unfortunately. finished in the top 10 in the PRS, the darkest blue is people who finished Yeah! Similar to the 6mm Turbo 40 and 6mm FatRat, the 6mm Grinch has a blown-forward shoulder on par with the 6mm Dasher to eke maximum powder capacity from the necked Grendel case. 45 Comments. Click "Get Data" to view results. The results have been encouraging to say the least. standard deviations (SD) in muzzle velocity, meaning the ammo is extremely Anyway, just wanted you to see my results. Stay tuned! Thanks again to all of these top-ranked shooters for taking the time to share this info with the rest of us! overall standings. Could not be more pleased. So I couldnt resist trying to glean some new understanding from it. I appreciate the encouragement, and Im glad you found it helpful. I didnt ask about barrel twist, Ed. The breakdown on powder charge weight is really great data to find a starting point. It really shows the accuracy of the cartridge and how easy it is to tune. This translates into ballistic performance out of an AR_15 platform that drops less due to gravity, drifts less for wind, and hits harder on the target. Overall, the 6mm ARC delivers optimum all-range performance and barrel life. 6mm bullets up in the 3000 fps range. How cool is that view?! I actually think this 3-part series m Cal: Great question, Joe. Since almost all of the guys were running Varget, lets take a look what powder charge weights they were running. I thought itd be fun before any of the results are published to poll my readers to see which type of ammo you expect to end up on top. It can also be tough to find good load data for a few of these newer cartridges, so I know this will help a lot of shooters. I already have done 80-90% of the work on the other articles. A Data-Driven Approach To Precision Rifles, Optics & Gear. The 6mm 109s offer It is somewhat counterintuitive that cartridges like the 6 BRA and 6mm Dasher, which have less powder capacity than the .243 Win., can launch relatively tiny 105-grain VLD (Very Low Drag) bullets more accurately at 1,000 yards than, say, a .300 Win. 6mm Dasher Matchmaster Competition Neck Bushing Set. Thanks for sharing that intel. So over the next few articles, I will walk through each of the popular cartridges (those with at least 5 of the 173 shooters surveyed using it) one at at time, and dive into the details of what ammo load these shooters found to work best in their rifles. Copyright 2021 PrecisionRifleBlog.com, All Rights Reserved. The New Norma 6mm Dasher. Ive been analyzing all the data, and have tried to summarize it all in a format that is easy to scan through and get value from. Reviewing the ballistics comparison between the 6mm ARC and a few .308 loads, it is evident the smaller cartridge provides some advantages. I promise its coming soon! That chart is really the meat of these articles, and why I wanted to go through this for each of the popular cartridges. var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; Gunsmith Dan Dowling is credited with its invention. I am hoping that this rifle will duplicate the ballistics of my 6mm-22/250 AI, with much less powder. Out of stock . The Swaro spotting scope with the reticle is probably the most popular among serious shooters. But will be focusing on the 112s as they have shot great in my 6BR. Richard Schatz recently set a 1000-yard world record with a .271"-necked 6mm Dasher. Stay tuned! 107 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | [email protected] Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - 6mm Dasher Matchmaster Competition Seat Die. To be honest, it surprised me to see how similar their load data was theyre within 1/10th of a grain of each other! 600 to 1200 yards)? But even I find these articles fascinating! thanks for gathering this and reporting on it. He has a TON of experience, and he believes that bullet jump is even more critical to ammo than powder charge weight. He knows how to wring the best accuracy out of the 6mm Dasher cartridge. Ive personally watched both of these guys shoot, and theyre ridiculously talented! He is an extremely detailed guy, and consistently puts 10 shots in a ragged hole at 100 yards, and has SDs in the low single digits (5 or less). Remember 8 twist, 105 Berger VLD. Out of stock . I feel the 6mm Remington would be an excellent hunting cartridge when mated with modern bullets, especially some of the monometals. I havent ever asked these guys about spotting scopes or done any independent tests myself. Hope to have it up by the end of the weekend, if not sooner. I started by prepping just one piece and firing it twice. Cal I know this has nothing to do with this post but I love you segments on what the pros use. Step 4 Load your cases, drive to the range and fire em. I will say that the factory match ammo from Hornady for both Creedmoors is better than what most people could load for, especially if they dont have good equipment and/or a high attention to detail. Ive also heard that magnum primer doesnt show signs The chart Next time can you please ask or try to include bullet jump. 27 HH .150 Freebore 7 twist m24 contour Brass from @Rimfiremike Ive got 105s and 112s on hand. Enjoy this kind of data? Im personally about to buy one, so that tells you what I think. These guys are looking for any advantage they can get at this level of competition, and if any of them thought the Lapua Scenar would help them theyd be running it. Using it mainly for PRS ? The 6mm Dasher has the capability to easily push the 105-108 gr. Im sure Ill be one of the guys that references it the most! I personally asked Austin Orgaine how long he runs his 6 Dasher barrels. He said he stops shooting them in matches at about 1,500 rounds. Recently, the 6mm Creedmoor cartridge which propels lighter thinner 6mm/.243 caliber bullets at higher velocities is becoming an attractive alternative. Necking down of the 6.5 CM allowed the base to be fitted with a .243 cal bullet and allo I can say with a lot of confidence that most of these guys are using either the fastest twist possible for the caliber theyre shooting, or close to it. In preparation for fire-forming his Dasher cases, Rodney used a .257 expander to create a false shoulder on his case necks. Having such a large sample size allows us to draw more meaningful conclusions on what loads and components seem to work well across multiple rifle configurations. Great article as always . Not too sure about making a 22/Dasher..but you can get fire formed 6mm Dasher very inexpensively at Bruno's for only $89/100 pcs. Those who might scoff at the idea of a mild-mannered 6mm cartridge becoming king of the hill in long-range competition should consider this: As this is written, a 2.6872-inch 10-shot group fired by Jim Richards is the smallest fired at 1,000 yards. Cal thanks for putting this all together and hopefully the follow-on articles come out quickly. 044-12310 | RCBS . Ha! You can email me about this. Im extremely impressed with the quality of this brass and No more fire forming brass in The very next post will probably tell you everything you need to know about load development for the Creedmoor and what bullets, primers, cases, and powder charges seem to be working the best out of the most rifles. Of the 47 shooters using a 6 Dasher, 100% of them were using handloaded ammo. Out of stock. Find what you need in four easy steps. This is awesome! I have been talking to their ballistics guy and the owner of the company. The 6mm Dasher is based on the 6mm BR cartridge with the shoulder blown forward about 0.100 and improved to 40. Cast your vote and see what other readers think will end up on top! This is a game that emphasizes first round impacts on targets at random distances from 300 to 1200 yards in varying field conditions, and the Lapua Scenar bullets simply dont seem to stack up favorably when compared to the other more popular bullets in terms of BC (and therefore wind drift). This article is awesome (no surprise just one issue youre waiting until the third installment to do the 6BRs .

Snigger Meaning In English, Handheld Electric Hacksaw, House Of Peony, Yoshinori Ohsumi Fasting Pdf, Aqua Rite Vs Aqua Rite Xl, Blue Glass Mosaic Tiles, Jandy Truclear Salt System Cost,

Leave a Reply