grizzly 600 weak spark

The cost for a new stator is high. this is the second time this hs happened,the first time i think the dealer install a pickup coil or possible stator.how do you ck the cdi & rectifier boxes. thank you to anyone that can. The issue you have described is cause of a bad stator. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. I have a 99, 600 grizz so here is my 411 first check your grounds and see if one is loose, before that make darn sure the batt. Make sure your meter is set at the 2K setting. 4.5 out of 5 stars 3 ratings. Tail light: Yamaha ATV Taillight Bulb. But, when you let off it flashes once or maybe twice. We've checked every ground and wire in the whole harness. can anyone please help!!! I have a 2000 Grizzly 600. We changed out the CDI box, ignition coil, new plug. They said it could be that the rectifier went bad and then there was nowhere for the current to go and it melted wires together. Only $2.99. Gap: 0.036". Print this page; Share this page; Add Your Answer. Trivalent … Some of these items were already noted above, You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. By Ask Your Own Motorcycle Question. Headlight Bulb: T19-12V 30/30w Headlight bulb for ATVs & Motorcycles Part #: 01-T1912V30. I also put a inductive timing light around the feed wire to the ignition coil and when you are cranking it does not flash. One thing when removing the side case that covers the stator there was a small amount of oil in the case and the … We did some more testing and found continuity between positive lead on source coil and two of the legs of the charging coil on the stator. The spark is not weak due to the reverse light or neutral light being stuck on. Show Less. I have a 1998 600 grizzly yamaha and it is misfiring at half trottle on up.I put a timming light on it and it has a weak spark at this of half throttle and is only firing once in awile could help me. What else can we try? Spark Plug: DPR8EA-9 NGK Spark Plug Part #: DPR8EA-9. NGK Iridium Sparkplug DPR8EIX-9 for Yamaha GRIZZLY 600 4x4 1998-2001. by NGK. Had no spark. Laser welded Iridium center electrode tip. Wiggle them pull apart Reattach If nothing you could take off the plug cap and check for spark direct with the wire gapped to ground. Submitted: 7 years ago. Again, no spark. Turn the ignition on your machine, push the brake, and then hit the start button. Just wondering. there is a way to test the rectifier but i dont have a manual.in your manual there should be a page on the rectifier and how to test it.youll need a multimeter that can go into diode mode.chances are you did fry the rectifier twice. 98. WarriorCliff77 said: Just got an email from Ricky Stator how to test your stator/pickup coil: "You can do an OHMS reading on your stator and pick-up if you have a mulit-meter/ OHMS meter. Category: Motorcycle. The pickup is fluctuating when cranking between 2 and 4 millivolts. If you have a manual check the wiring schematic. I had a 02 griz and the wire had a splice about 6-8 inches back from the cdi. We'd like to test the old rectifier and the new one now! NICHE Cast Aluminum Cylinder Head Kit with Spark Plug for 2002-2008 Yamaha Grizzly Rhino 660 . Get it as soon as Fri, Mar 5. 1 Comment; Flag; More. It also directs the spark plugs on how to perform especially when they have to fire. Part #: 01-89. Want Answer 1. GOOD LUCK....SVENIE:cool: shear pin on flywheel,had problems with my 98 grizz 600,also rejet n change exhaust for drastic power improvements,i sold mine it was fun mud machine,but all n all very problamatic always had issues.buy a honda r kawasaki n save some aggravation. Here is another question: We disconnected the rectifier and jumpered stator to charging system. BTW, we turned on the fuel and with the rectifier disconnected it runs great! Until the introduction of the 1998 Yamaha Grizzly 600 there were only two options of Grizzlys, a 250cc or 350cc. Please help! Being the first large ATV created a cult like following for the Grizzly 600, and it remains one of the most popular ATV's on the trails today. Share this conversation. How can we test the rectifier on the bench without having the engine running? 1 Answer . I'm out of ideas! It ran fine about 4 hours while snow plowing and it died again. Thanks for the input! View and Download Yamaha EFM600 GRIZZLY service manual online. Ask Your Own Motorcycle Question. The CDI in your scooter is linked to the ignition. First check all wires connections for lost continuity. Gotta order one of those as well. I do not how many amps the source coil is actually putting out. Pulled out the stator the wires were melted together right before the grommet where the wires exit the case. It got corroded and loose. is fully charged. This would only keep it from cranking over. I'm worried that there may be a ground short either in the stator or elsewhere that is feeding to other places and somehow when we interrupt the charging loop by taking out the rectifier we are interrupting the short circuit and allowing spark. Show Less. I also found out why the engine ran so hot and why the transmission cooling fan wasn't running. #3 • May 15, 2007. After reconnecting the starter relay, the next step is to check the brake light relay. Comment; Flag; More. Could there be a problem in the new stator? We have a Yamaha service manual and checked everything, resistance on factory specs and also the ones for stator and pickup provided by Ricky Stator. … Answered in 16 minutes by: 2/22/2008. Posted by Billy LeBlanc on May 15, 2015. Also if you crank it with the electric start, the timing light will flash once the battery is drawn down the point that it will barely crank. Here is the problem: 99 Yamaha Grizzly 600 Had no spark. Copyright© ThumperTalk, Inc. - All rights reserved.ThumperTalk® is a registered trademark. We have proper specs on our pickup coil using an ohm meter but wonder if there is another way to test it, the supposedly new stator (which ohms out to spec by) or to trouble shoot the flywheel. Also for: Grizzly 600, Grizzly yfm600, Grizzly yfm600fwal, Grizzly yfm600fwalc.

Lanco Rubber Duck, Stepford Wife Urban Dictionary, Jackal Squad Uno, Wanderer Bracelets Facebook, Tong Po Kickboxer,

Leave a Reply