ruger pc 40 carbine glock mags

However, it also comes with an interchangeable magazine well that allows the PC Carbine to also accept Glock mags. My Ruger PC Carbine has been 100% with SR9 mags (I have several of them) but a little erratic with the Glock mag well and Glock magazines. The only issue I had prior to this is occasionally it would feed a round and then the trigger would be squishy and i would have to re rack it (it would eject an unfired round) which would reset the trigger and usually the next round would fire fine. Due to the design flexibility, the Ruger PC Carbine has the opportunity to grab market share with an inexpensive rifle from Sig, H&K, S&W, Glock and many other brand loyalists. Because Glock is the world’s most popular handgun, it’s only natural to choose a pistol-caliber carbine that supports Glock magazines. Accepts Glock mags, threaded barrel, and is a takedown model. First Ruger PC Carbine I ever saw in person is the one I own now. Ruger build a PC-40 carbine that takes Glock Mags we will buy!! Gunmag Premium Vintage Tri-Blend Logo T-Shirt, TekMat Handgun Cleaning Mat Ruger SR9 (SR40), TekMat Long Gun Cleaning Mat M1 Garand (ODG), Bulgarian AK-47 7.62x39mm 30-Round Steel Lined Polymer Magazine, ETS Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm 30-Round Extended Magazine, Next up, LPVO: learn more about Low Power Variable Optics, You might also like: Ruger PC Carbine vs Kel-Tec Sub2000, You might also like: Three 30+ round magazines perfect for the Ruger PC9, New Ruger MAX-9 Pistol for Concealed Carry, The Top 5 Pistol Caliber Carbines – According to this Guy, Palmetto State Armory’s AR-V: AR PCC Madness, CMMG Banshee: Boonville’s “Radial Delayed Blowback” PCC, Increase Reload Speed (and Accuracy) with Moon Clips, It’s Back! I chose to go with plastic because it is somewhat compressible under the torque of the bolt and because it could be made wider than a washer (thus spreading out the load). Ruger pc carbine. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. In this case the last round bolt hold open did not function. If you look at them as an investment, you won’t be disappointed. Took my Ruger PC Carbine (40 S&W) running oem Glock mags (not sure what gen as they came with it when I bought it second hand) to the range last weekend and had it stove pipe on me twice. One, the Ruger Police Carbine (February 1997, p. $19.99, Sale Glock 17, 19, and the extended thirty-three-round mag all function in the Ruger PC. $13.99, Special Price When I slid the first (Gen3) Glock 19 mag in after changing the magwell I was like WTF. I’m sure the .40 will pack a bit more Wallop on target if you can find one (and food to feed it). I found this to be the fastest reload. The carbine comes with an SR9 mag well (c.) installed and a Glock well in the box. ACCURACY & FUNCTIONALITY The tiny rail section on the bottom could be used to a small pistol flashlight or something but isn’t overly useful for most other things. I just picked up a Glock 21 in hopes that 45 is the next PC Carbine caliber and conversion kits are available The Ruger PC Carbine departs from a 10/22 based design with easily ambi-configurable magazine release and bolt charging handle via a simple 10/22 style disassembly with only two screws. ... (Glock Mags). The Ruger PC Carbine isn’t the first example of a Ruger brand pistol caliber carbine (PCC) but it is the first time one has seen massive success. It was no surprise to us that they ran well as Ruger PC Carbine Glock mags. But it can also handle GLOCK mags. It might even be a handy option for a scout scope if a barrel mount comes out for it. 8, In Memory – Jeff Quinn Limited Edition Ruger. I'm not usually a fan of anything semi-auto from Ruger. Between its ability to separate in halves to be packed away and its robust build, this handy rifle is also a good option for field use. That’s where my first issue arrived, though it wasn’t one I noticed right off the bat. In my case, the fix was very simple. Home > Firearms Forums > General Firearms Forum > Ruger build a PC-40 carbine that takes Glock Mags we will buy!! These parts are available to the public for self installation, but can also be installed by our highly trained gunsmiths; just drop us a line. Going a step beyond, Ruger recognized the most popular pistol is still the GLOCK and incudes a magazine well which will accommodate GLOCK magazines. All Rights Reserved. $9.99, Sale The PC Carbine can be easily set up to handle Glock mags (l.) or a variety of Ruger mags, including the supplied SR9 (r.). The PC Carbine uses Ruger SR-series or Security-9 magazines even though the SR-series releases from a notch in the front of the mag and the Security-9 releases from the side. It takes either Ruger or Glock magazines, so I went with Glock for availability with the 3 15 round mags, the 22 round mag, and the 30 round mag that I am including. Honestly, I love the Ruger PC Carbine. ruger pc 40 carbine, #19109, 40 s&w, 16”, 15rd capacity, uses ruger sr40 & glock magazines, threaded barrel $534.95 Ruger RUGER PRECISION RIFLE 300 WIN MAG #18081 Some serious design work was done to deliver the elegant simplicity of the magazine and bolt handle design. The Police Carbine was marketed as a shoulder-fired companion for use alongside Ruger’s P-series pistol, as both used the same feeding source. Yes, that’s right, this gun from Ruger comes with a magazine well adapter for GLOCK magazines.Installed from the factory, though, is the insert for the more obvious choice: Ruger magazines.SR series and Security-9 mags will work, and a 17-round SR9 magazine is included with the PC Carbine (or a 10-round mag with a non-threaded muzzle for restricted states). One, the Ruger Police Carbine (February 1997, p. It accepts all Glock® 9mm magazines. He contributes content to a wide variety of print and digital magazines and newsletters for companies and manufacturers throughout the industry with content exposure to over 2M readers monthly. For more than 70 years, Ruger has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. Edit corrected price on MP 9mm mags from $18, to $19.99. We walked to his back field and unloaded a magazine full of rounds. I just used a tiny piece of cheap, clear plastic clamshell packaging — you know, the stuff that should open right up but really presents enough of a fight that you wind up manhandling it until it tears or just cutting it open so your prize drops out. Also includes: one, SR-Series™ or Security-9® pistol magazine and hex wrenches for adjustment and charging handle removal. Beretta Cx4 Storm. I first got my hands on the PC Carbine at SHOT Show a few years ago and after firing it knew I had to get one. \_/ notch has full metal liner and holds its shape." The front and rear sights are excellent, fast, and rugged all without getting in the way of the typical types of red dots and 1-4 power optics many would attach. $39.99, Special Price And so the PC9, Marlin Camp 9, and some of their cousins met a lackluster response and all but disappeared from memory. The actual rifle itself feels remarkably like a 10/22 Takedown but much heavier. Simple, functional, flexible, and fun! 40. I'll probably run a few hundred rounds of various bullet weights and loads. Kel-tec makes one that will accept Glock 9mm & .40 mags but the aesthetics turn me off. The .40 S&W PC Carbine with a threaded barrel and 10-round magazine. That is a mouthful of features for a gun with a street price under $600. It is VERY solid and super fast to disassemble and assemble. Posted: 1/26/2021 12:07:13 AM EDT I don't think right now is a good time to start a new line. Plus, if you use the Glock magazines adapter, you can pretty much choose your magazine capacity, from a standard 17 rounder to a 33-round stick mag or even a 50-round drum. The PC Carbine uses Ruger SR-series or Security-9 magazines even though the SR-series releases from a notch in the front of the mag and the Security-9 releases from the side. Ruger PC Carbine chambered in 9mm. I am surprised Ruger or aftermarket manufacturers have yet to produce other magazine wells for the PC Carbine for popular pistols like the S&W M&P, but who knows, maybe that’s coming. Glock magazines are made in 33 round, 31 rounds, 22 round, 26 round, 27 round, all different capacities, which allows the shooter to get magazines from multiple sources and run whatever size configuration makes sense for them. I just offloaded two 9mm carbines, a Marlin Camp 9 and a KT Sub 2000. I am looking at a SightMark sight for the PC Carbine and a light/green laser combo for it as well. PCCs have taken off and are now the new Big Thing (or at least one of the new big things). The floating handguard and Bushnell red dot sight seemed to just belong there, so they go with it too. It was an odd malfunction, however after 100 or so rounds of break in that issue has not re-appeared. Install is the same 3-second process in reverse. Features: Interchangeable magazine wells for use of common Ruger® and Glock® magazines. This seems like an automatic win for the LEO, survival, and home defense markets. In that weapon, PC stood for Police Carbine. Stay safe. ), was chambered in either 9 mm Luger or .40 S&W and shared magazines with like-chambered pistols from the firm’s original P Series. They weren’t just for police officers, though they were handy for LEOs who were already using a Ruger pistol. The old model PC (Police Carbine) carbine use the Ruger P series pistol mags unless modified. Should you buy the Ruger PC Carbine? This Magazine Well Insert Assembly is designed to work exclusively with the Ruger® PC Carbine™. After an initial break-in period the Ruger PC Carbine was perfectly reliable with a wide variety of ammo. But recently, I'm experiencing a 40 revival. Ruger originally released a very similar weapon called the PC9 (or PC4 if you’re into .40 S&W). I'm not usually a fan of anything semi-auto from Ruger. 2: Installed Glock 9 magazine well insert. $3.99, Sale Allen key to remove the two bolts on the bottom of the buttstock half. … When the forward bolt is torqued down the bolt hold open no longer functions (or that what’s happened in this rifle). The Ruger Carbine accepts all 9mm Glock mags with the Glock Magwell adapter installed from the G26 mags to extended G17 mags. \_/ notch has full metal liner and holds its shape." FIT, FEEL, FEATURES & FUNCTIONS Clever. Sure, a Glock design may have looked different, but the Ruger PC Carbine is everything we want in a basic magazine fed carbine, and with a swapable magwell adapter design, it can also currently accept all Ruger brand mags as well. Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Where is the Ammo? The Ruger PC Charger will work with Glock drums, Glock 26 magazines, Glock 17 magazines, Glock 17 magazines, and all variations of extended magazines. $16.99. Sale it is accurate and fun to shoot/compete with. This actually seems to work properly and makes sending double taps (or a controlled pair, whatever you’re doing) downrange pretty damn easy. GI#: 101629619. Hitting clays on the berm were almost effortless and the ran every round we put through it effortlessly. Ruger PC-9 Carbine and Preban Glock Mags Thread starter MikeHoncho; Start date Jan ... which you attach 10 round or more at the base plate and there is a side attachment out there for more mags. 9mm. Just ordered a Ruger PC Carbine. Place the receiver back in and tighten the bolts to 65 in/lbs and you are good to begin feeding your PCC with Glock magazines. Not just the mag release notches are different - looking at them … The stock has spacers so you can adjust the length of pull, and the rubber buttpad is grippy and offers some shock absorption. 100 rds through it. No one can say life is dull lately. Got a bunch of 9mm Glock mags, including some 33-rounders. It comes a Magpul MOE stock and K2 pistol grip, a 16” threaded barrel, and one 15-round Glock magazine. The take-down feature is elegantly simple. If (when?) I'm not into building my own, and it would cost a lot more for me to buy a 9mm AR that takes glock mags and has an acceptable stock for what I want in a general rifle. I prefer the bolt handle on the left side in order to keep my firing hand on the pistol grip area of the stock. If you haven’t heard of, seen, or even shot the Ruger PC Carbine by now you’ve likely been living well and truly under a rock. Yes, you can leave a magazine in the disassembled state for fast deployment. Brand new minimalist stock, 2x amend2 Glock mags, Tandemkross compensator, and Vortex Sparc2. My Gen3 Glock magazines are too snug and do not drop free. Set up for Ruger mags but has an adapter for Glock Mags. Ruger’s first attempt at a pistol-caliber carbine came in the Ruger Police Carbine that hit the market in 1996. This is a like new .40mm Ruger PC Carbine with some extras. It is an awesome fun and accurate rifle that is just as at home in the hands of LEO or homeowner for defense or banging away on cans and steel for smiles. New Holosun 403B sight (and box) 7 Ruger 10 round Mags (3 Ruger, 4 others) plus 50 rounds of 9mm ammo. This allowed me to fully torque each bolt down and now the bolt hold-open works exactly as it should. ... Glock 33 Round Mag 9mm ... A must have if you're looking for a 9mm Speed Loader or .40 Cal Speed Loader to load your large capacity mags for your KEL-TEC SUB-2000! The Return of the Big Horn Armory AR 500 Auto Max. My preference on the configuration was an AK/10/22 bolt charging location with the magazine release button on the right hand side. From a feature perspective, most would say it is well appointed. I have the original Police carbine from 1997 and I love it so I will not be buying the new one, but everybody else who has been asking for one of these for years will buy them up. The first thing I did was swap the Glock magazine well for the already-installed SR9 one. All Rights Reserved. barrel to keep it non-restricted, but (most) Americans need not worry about that. I went through a box of spare mags and some worked while some didn't. Yes, that’s right, this gun from Ruger comes with a magazine well adapter for GLOCK magazines.Installed from the factory, though, is the insert for the more obvious choice: Ruger magazines.SR series and Security-9 mags will work, and a 17-round SR9 magazine is included with the PC Carbine (or a 10-round mag with a non-threaded muzzle for restricted states). $4.99, Special Price We shoot the Ruger PC Carbine in 9mm. https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/ruger-pc-carbine-glock-mags This specific model is the Canuckian version so it has an 18.5 in. His goal is simple, tell a good story in the form of a truthful review all while having fun. The mag well is flared for easier loading. What a fun plinker. Ruger PC Carbine Specifications. I first got my hands on the PC Carbine at SHOT Show a few years ago and after firing it knew I had to get one. (And a pair of Body Guard mags for $9.00) Just to be ready if and when Ruger comes out with a PC40 or the possibility of converting the 9 to 40? Optic negotiable, Vortex Sparc red dot sight. [Major Pandemic is an editor at large who loves everything about shooting, hunting, the outdoors, and all those lifesaving little survival related products. i however had a few issues with it. Will include 500 brass rounds of 9mm FMJ. Ruger has done something few companies have done outside of the AR15 market: they designed and offered the Ruger PC Carbine with out-of-the box functionality compatible with another competing manufacturer’s magazines along with its own SR-series magazines. I'll be using my good Glock mags and my reloads. The rifle is just brutal simplicity paired with elegantly rugged functionality — it just plain works. The flush-fit design is made from rugged, glass-filled polymer material for strength and durability. 40. This carbine is going to be very popular with Glock and ruger fans. Narkcop Mar 13, 2012. This firearm is factory … Unfortunately, I can’t provide range pictures and targets due to the pandemic shutting down all of our ranges. $21.99, Special Price The only issue was, or so it seems, no one really wanted PCCs back then. The carbine comes with an SR9 mag well (c.) installed and a Glock well in the box. My initial comment which held true through testing was that it blows the Keltec Sub2000 out of the water from an accuracy perspective. Looks like a great little carbine and not expensive. ... DO NOT INSTALL INTO PC CHARGER! *no trades, I won’t take less, no I will not separate the ammo* Logan 6029096784 94349435 HERE’S WHY…. $1100 firm. The .40 S&W PC Carbine with a threaded barrel and 10-round magazine. And it could well be a solid performer in the many shooting competitions and action matches that now allow PCCs. Clever. The Ruger PC Carbine is a takedown model chambered in 9mm rather than.22LR. † NOTE: The receiver-mounted, Picatinny-style rail is designed to accommodate most optics and optic mounts intended for use with Picatinny/ MIL-STD 1913 rails. Ruger PC Carbine Background. The reach to the magazine release is not trigger finger accessible without relinquishing the grip, but I found it easy to either slide the support hand back and around the magwell to release the mag or slide the firing hand up while shouldered. ETAA: ok, Ruger called me. After all, who would not want an accurate little rugged carbine that can be disassembled to fit into a backpack that can shoot from the same mags as a sidearm? Just want the ceo of Ruger to see this thread and say- hey let’s do a 45acp PC charger and rifle that takes GLOCK 21 mags and 1911 mags. Ruger PC Carbine.40 S&W All of these new models boast the hallmark features of the original PC Carbine. It will be interesting to see how the platform evolves as more aftermarket and Ruger parts are made for it. I have the Ruger PC9 take down version and I use it along with five Magpul Glock 17 17 round pistol mags in it and it works fine I have five 31 round Glock mags also and have not had a problem. $18.99, Sale Tested 8 different glock mags from variety of generations and a few non glock mags. Fast forward a decade to 2017. I want Ruger to bring back the PC-40 carbine and for it to take Glock 22 mags. they come out with a 40 S&W version, and Glock mags, I'll have one! i cleaned it well shot it about 50 rounds through it and no problems. The problem, as best I can tell, was likely due to tolerance stacking. Evolving the old Police Carbine concept, the PC Carbine arms shooters with a familiar configuration that has some handy tricks up … $29.99, Sale I would like to congratulate Ruger on making the Glock-magazine-feed carbine we have all been waiting for Glock to make. If Ruger does not offer magazine adapters for various other brands of magazines, I imagine that the aftermarket accessory manufacturers will have them available very soon. Made a discovery. * Ruger. Once you do so you’ll be able to push on the trigger group and lift the entire receiver unit out of the stock. I have a ruger PC carbine in 9mm. Now, the beauty of that Glock mag-swap capability: with only a quick disassembly, the owner can slide out one magazine adapter and slide in another. Interchangeable magazine wells for use of common Ruger® and Glock® magazines. Ruger’s 9mm PC carbine can be fed using not only Ruger SR-Series and Security-9 magazines, but also common Glock 19/17 9mm magazines. Comes in 9mm or 40 S&W, 17 or 10 round capacity for 9mm, and 15 or 10 for .40 S&W. The magazine release and bolt handle can be swapped sides either for lefty purposes or preference. The trigger and trigger safety should feel familiar to all the Ruger 10/22 rimfire owners as should the charging handle placement and operation. My Gen4 mags do slide in easily and drop free. Plus, if you use the Glock magazines adapter, you can pretty much choose your magazine capacity, from a standard 17 rounder to a 33-round stick mag or even a 50-round drum. I just bought a PC carbine this weekend! Should be a sweet HD setup! Failure to eject at almost every round. Going a step beyond, Ruger recognized the most popular pistol is still the GLOCK and incudes a magazine well which will accommodate GLOCK magazines. It Ruger, or someone else, had their act together they would make them to accept Glock mags and make them in the following calibers: 9mm, 357 Sig, .40, .45 acp & 10mm. I have plenty of 9mm stuff, including Glocks. This is a like new .40mm Ruger PC Carbine with some extras. Though I’d read no reports of the SR9 magazine well causing issues, the same could not be said for its alternate. Ruger, having had tremendous success with its 10/22 Takedown, took some design cues from that weapon and used to build their PC Carbine: a 9mm or .40 S&W pistol caliber carbine that can be easily taken down into component halves. My second group at about 15-yards was essentially all in the same ragged hole. I have an AR9 that should be fairly similar with magwell depth, and U-notches lock in … The rear sight is precision-adjustable with marked increments of windage and elevation. It's a traditional magwell, not a magwell+grip. Initially we did have some issues with trigger reset when the trigger was pulled and held back solidly. The flush-fit design is made from rugged, glass-filled polymer material for strength and durability. One downside is that the PC Carbine is on the heavier side, weighing 7.3-pounds. Uniquely designed for use with a variety of magazines, the PC Carbine … The rail on this PCC is actually milled into the receiver, so no chintzy screws hold it on half-assed.

Best Buy 27 Inch Double Wall Oven, Tempur-pedic Mesh Back Fabric Computer And Desk Chair Reddit, Basso Continuo Definition, What Is Minting Nft, Qualitative Vs Quantitative Platelet Disorders Usmle,

Leave a Reply