scary hiking stories reddit

Of course, in one little corner of Reddit, there’s also a hub where spooky stories are told.. Press J to jump to the feed. I was once biking late at night on a mountain road, illuminated by the moon and stars. it was a man. I spotted a couple of dudes standing over this hole in the ground, they had two spades and were busy pushing something heavy in there, not a body, something that was metallic as it clanged as it went in. I drove to a park to go hiking at night in the mountains (so safe I know) And I hadn’t even turned off my car and I already feel like I’m being watched. I felt my body sliding slowly towards the edge. i was walking around my neighborhood alone once, enjoying the night air and watching the stars. anyway, a few minutes pass and i near nothing more, so i lean back into the bench and start to relax a bit. The strangest thing i ever saw was what I could only describe as a shanty town was built up seemingly overnight deep into the woods. I don't know about you but I kinda make a game o… One, this is deep wilderness and there is no farmland around me. Maggie Meyers The Strangest Security Tape I’ve Ever Seen. I wanted to reach my usual running checkpoint before turning back so I decided to keep my distance and run by. These scary stories have been compiled from the reddit forum Let's Not Meet. Milan Ihl. it freaked me out, so i kept my flashlight on and my senses aware, but i stayed on the bench to mull over my thoughts and watch the sky some more. × You disliked this video. Rising. They stood by the hole, said a few words then began to shovel earth on top. Share it with your friends! I normally got off around 7pm and my walks home were uneventful. View discussions in 1 other community. I’m honestly an empathetic person, and 99.9% of the time I hear someone crying I want to comfort/ help them in some way, but this time I felt sick in the stomach, like a dry panic attack, if that makes sense. I got pretty familiar with the area, and being out in the wilderness at night in general, which probably made me too confident. Just got done eating dinner, cleaned up, it was getting dark so we went back to the cars real quick before hitting our tents for the night. Now, I’m a good American, I know my neighbors, and this wasn’t my neighbor, who is a single 30 year old female. So if you feel like getting creeped out by some strange and intense stories, read below to hear from campers and hikers who’ve had terrifying encounters! 4) by admin 11 months ago 58 Views. Something Bizarre. Santa Cruz can be a pretty weird place, I’ve heard legends of students flunking out of school there and then just living in the forest. Just knowing there was some person, probably watching us, maybe wanting to harm us, makes me feel physically ill to this day. A grizzly had eaten a woman in her tent one site over and they didn’t yet have the bear. admin. Not on a trail but walking my dog late at night…. 37. I told the officer he threatened to kill me and he laughed. I finally had the rest of my panic attack on the drive back. It is a see through fence that goes up 3 feet with cattle gate, then the top of the fence is stainless steel wire that runs horizontally. Don’t step on the cracks or you’ll break your mom’s back, knock on wood, don’t say Bloody Mary three times, and many like thes Scary Stories True Scary Horror Stories One Hike for realaxing and sleep#ScaryStories#Stories#truescarystories a fucking man. 1:38 'Once-in-a-lifetime' moment: avalanche caught on camera AccuWeather - flipboard.com • 20h. The Tale of Mr. Lonely. Photo Credit: Lions Gate Films; Grave Encounters. Published Nov 10, 2020. Hot New Top. I would like to thank the users who submitted these stories for allowing me to use them in this video. I’m convinced to this day I was in very real danger that night. Reddit users also reflect on the creepy stories that occurred during childhood but haunt them today. hot. But that wasn’t the weird part. It was coming from a good distance ahead of me, somewhere off in the woods, maybe from the right side of the trail. Real Life Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark. Simple little hovels made of scrap metal and bed sheets and a small firepit that someone had made out of an old tire, with the fire still burning. Sometimes I write horror stories and sometimes I just narrate them. What she was doing. share. hot. All of us were beyond spooked, like panicking, scary to watch spooked. so I looked around my house, neighbors house for other people… shined my light in the green belt… and nothing. And on Reddit, creepy stories abound. But she didn’t know where he went. At some point I started feeling uneasy, and maybe a millisecond later I heard a man’s voice. My childhood was full of superstition. Podcast Episode #338. I made a few turns onto different roads, and then ran right into someone’s yard. so i just kept staring at it. I would like to thank the users who submitted these stories for allowing me to use them in this video. When the van came around again this time, it stopped in the middle of the road a few houses in front of me. I’m a runner and the campus is in a beautiful redwood forest, so I would run on the trails. I was looking for a place to rest and it was beginning to turn to dusk — light enough to keep going for a while, but the shadows were deepening and the edges of the trail were too dark to see properly. Naturally, the business closed down a few months later. the unsettling, possibly horrifying stuff, Women Are Sharing Side-By-Side Pictures Where They Weigh The Same But Look Completely Different (50 Pics), Pretty Girls Are Bravely Sharing Their Ugliest Faces (50+ Pics). 6. Not SAR or "elite" hiker by any means. It is the type of thing that, if you weren’t expecting it, you’d easily trip over as it is extremely hard to see and not Very common. 15 Extremely Scary Horror Movies You Need to See, According to Reddit Even die-hard horror fans are creeped out by these freaky flicks. It was really dark now and I was feeling sketched out that I had to pass this guy again to get back. Skip to content. In my head I was like wtf this guy is nuts, but I decided to humor him and yelled out light without looking back. Then I hear it again, directly from the shadows to my left, and two things hit me at once. After a bit we decided to go off in the woods to hike to where a fort had been when we were kids. 5 TRUE Scary and Chilling Horror stories From Reddit. 14 Views 0 0 × Thanks! 1. Join. Location: South Carolina. 15 Views 0 0 × Thanks! So we ran back together and made it to the road. Scary Stories From Reddit That'll Keep You Up All Night. I did not stop anywhere near there that night. 22 Views 0 0 × Thanks! I clawed my way up the bank, back to the trail, and limped the miles back to my car. But I waited in that yard for about 20 minutes before I ran back to my house and practically threw myself through my bedroom window. i don’t think i’ve ever been that scared. I happened across a guy who was laying by his bike moaning in pain. I managed to park back at campus, and I just sat in the car and collected myself. Darkness Prevails Podcast | TRUE Horror Stories • By Darkness Prevails Podcast • May 15, 2020 Olympus. Danner Boots Guide: 7 Questions Answered! I wandered around the town till about 2:00am, when I decided to go home. i went around and made sure every window and door was locked, i even checked the attic. Share it with your friends! I was trying to do this really snazzy hike from the Ocean to Mt. Sort by. The more I hear it, the more unnerving it gets. These are 6 Chilling Ghost Stories from Reddit. Posts about true scary stories from reddit written by promytheaz. I’ve seen some messed up stuff, but that will always take the cake. He must have gone off the trail. She was going to spend the night there until I came along because she was too scared to go back down. Hiking in the mountains at night. Popular spot, but we had the place to ourselves. I used to go to school at the University of California Santa Cruz. On one of my rare trips out into the wilderness, I was walking in the middle of nowhere on some kind of natural trail, possibly made by deer. From LadySparrow on Jezebel: I lived in a house from hell for 4 years, … Scary_Stories r/ Scary_Stories. Granny vs. the serial killer. A little birdy recently told me that y'all like creepy stuff, and hey, guess what? I must have put him back too close … I don’t have my torch with me but I do have my phone out and its screen is bright (back before we had the torch app on smartphones). Who knew if this creepy man was like lurking around watching us from the dark. card classic compact. after a while i mustered up the little raisin-esque kahooneys to shine my goddamned light at the tree. These seven scary stories are just skimming the cream of what reddit truly has to offer, and they’re sure to unsettle even the most unflappable of souls. Never ran back on that trail again. We have got few scary stories from Reddit that will make you hold your breath. Someone made the trouble of getting a fire going and then left it. By Jessica Ferri & Xavier Piedra | Updated Jul 31, 2019 | Published Jul 11, 2018. He seemed pretty crazy and potentially dangerous but I didn’t have a choice. If you want to freak yourself out with some truly spellbinding tales, you’ve come to the right place. We drove for an hour and a half down a forest service road and didn’t see another soul. Whether or not you thought 2016 was actually a scary year, we now have evidence that, at the very least, some people had a pretty spooky time. Most of them sound like encounters with people on various drugs, but still extremely unsettling to say the least. It is a deer fence. I go out for walks very late at night fairly often, so I’ve seen a few things. I have no idea how she wound up back there. I assume that when they couldn’t find me, they finally decided to fuck off. Three True Scary Stories for Friday Night 4/16/2020. Posts r/Creepypasta r/StayAwake r/HorrorNations r/Iconpasta. User account menu. i ran to my house and around to the back door and locked myself in without looking back once. hide. Two, the baaing sounds too perfect. He hops on his bike and starts rushing towards me. Any ways, she scales the fence and ran away into the green belt. With non-stop horror stories, you can finally die happy and afraid. She had done it that day, maybe hours prior. I took a flashlight, but this was around 2002 so no cell phone. Hey, guys. when my light landed on him he started to move like he was going to come down, but i didn’t stick around to see if he did, i jumped the bench and ran for the fucking hills. admin. i didn’t see anything. Menu. Just sayin'. Now I was fairly scared, so I picked my pace up a little bit. Multi-Genre Musician and Composer. 8 True Scary Hiking / Backpacking Horror Stories. You can walk through it in about 30 minutes without too much difficulty. A lady had hung herself in the woods, and it didn’t seem long ago by the looks of it. And to be honest, after these staying up way to late reading these creepy camping stories from Reddit, I'm not sure I ever want to. Hot New Top Rising. I looked at her, told her she scared me, and she mumbled something like, “nice night, what are you up to?” Standing there holding the leash with my dog, I said, “I’m walking my dog…” then she said, “cool, cool… do you know how to get into my house, I locked myself out.” Pointing to my neighbors house…. Pack What I Remember First About Fighting My First Big Fire Was What I Discovered In The Burning Home’s Basement. One day I left a little later than usual on a run through one of the more isolated trails. no comments yet. There weren’t any other branches of the trail and if he had headed back I would have seen him by then. Scary Stories. I called out to ask if she was alright and eventually saw her climbing down. Not hiking so much as car camping, but we were way the fuck out there in the middle of nowhere on BLM land in Colorado. Abid Katib/Getty Images News/Getty Images . bears were not uncommon where i’m from, so i took out my flashlight and shone it around over there. At this point, I’m most of the way up the incline going towards the railroad tracks that ran parallel to the street. i don’t know why i did that, cause that’s typical horror movie shit. hot new top rising. save. I wasn’t entirely sure it was the same van though, so I just continued walking. Of course I left, I don’t go hiking at night in that particular park anymore. Hiking After Diving: How Long Should You Wait? I didn’t see her walk up, I didn’t hear her walk up, I just see her standing there super still. Posted by 8 hours ago. Thankfully it just faded the further I got from it, and I made it back to my car. I’ll never forget that moment suspended in mid-air, where I thought “I’m about to get really, really hurt.”. 5 Chilling and creepy True Scary Stories from reddit | Scary stories from reddit vol.11. top. 25:27. The rain was falling heavily. Originally Published: Oct. 4, … This happened to me a few years ago. 2) by admin 11 months ago 51 Views. I go out for walks very late at night fairly often, so … I went into full-on protective-dad-mode knowing there was likely someone hiding in the dark while we walked the rest of the way out. I got passed the point where I first passed him but he was nowhere to be seen. My legs acted as shock absorbers. As much as I love scary stories from others, as an avid hiker my favorite type has to be scary hiking storiesif(typeof __ez_fad_position != 'undefined'){__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-hikingsoul_com-medrectangle-4-0')};. The previous owner papered EVERY wall and CEILING! There was no one there. I always have a pocket knife on me and was fortunate enough to have my, unfortunately, useless dog…. A pair of eyes followed us for a mile or so but made absolutely no sound. Thousands of stuffed animals scattered for about a kilometer. 2) includes encounters that people experienced during the hay day of their teens. I reached my goal and started to head back. Somebody had slashed the front right tire on each of the 3 cars with what appeared to be a box cutter. From our view it really did look like someone levitating off the ground. There weren’t any cars around so I thought maybe it was just me being paranoid for some reason. At first I though it was a weirdly shaped tree until I saw the arms move (no wind at all). I do, too! 001) by admin 11 months ago 37 Views. Thanks for the feedback! bears do climb trees sometimes, so i was hesitant to run away in case that’s what it was. And low and fucking behold, about ten minutes later, the same damn black van came down the street again. I'm not sure which explanation is more terrifying: Ghost girl crying… or real girl crying. I came to realize that night those trails were a lot different at 11pm than they were at 7pm. 5 Creepy True horror stories that will give you chills | True scary stories from reddit # 4. by admin 4 months ago 22 Views. Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer. I used a pay phone at a gas station to call the cops and explain what happened. It’s hard to explain, but I knew deep down he wasn’t right in the head, and nothing good would happen if he realized I was listening. She thanked me and we parted ways. One of my boots came untied, so I knelt down to retie it, and took a quick glance behind me as I was standing up. She hangs out with my wife, so I know her really well. The Little Old Lady. It sounds like somebody doing a really good impression of a sheep, but as I hear it again I realize it’s the same pitch and length each time, like a recording. Updated: June 26, 2019. Well, day 1 is a blast, get everything accomplished. M.J. 9 Terrifying Ghost Stories On Reddit That You Should Read With The Lights On. I felt suspended in midair before I fell. The weird part was that this was well passed midnight when i found this place and it was quiet as a grave. Looking for terrifying movies? in the tree. This was in a chunk of woods that was still pretty big but surrounded by highway and roads on all sides. Join. The Tale Of The Unmarked Van. card. Solo Hikers scary stories • Posted by 10 hours ago. There was a mountain lion creeping across the trail about 50 feet back. He’d have seen me for sure. Aka this man was spending the night in the woods. Maybe this guy was a student from years past. i remember my heart was beating so fast and i could taste blood. We got closer and realized what was really going on. Share it with your friends! The Escaped Man. At first it doesn’t strike me as unusual, because on the surface, hearing a sheep in the country doesn’t seem out of place. Hiking After Wisdom Teeth Removal: How Long Should You Wait? Feb. 21, 2015. I landed hard in the creek, making a huge splash. 154 comments. When she wants to pee in the middle of the night I don’t take her very far, just in our side yard. He's in charge of the \"new\" construction – converting the kitchen in to the master bedroom for instance, while I'm on wallpaper removal duty. The Hanged Man. He was sobbing like he’d just found out a loved one had died, but also gibbering, and almost-babbling, like he was less than a person. ... 23 True Scary Horror Stories from Reddit // Lets Not Meet (Theme Stories Vol. Naturally, scary stories are being posted on reddit by the masses. I have never felt a shred of guilt about leaving that guy crying out in the woods in the dark. However this night I covered a half shift for someone and worked until 11pm. He saw me and called out to me for help but I kept walking and turned to make my way back up towards the street. Which is odd, because behind our houses back up to a green belt. The creepiest though, happened about two months ago. I was freaked out. 1.5M ratings 277k ratings See, that’s what the app is perfect for. We bought an old house, my boyfriend and I. 00:57. I left the house around 1:30am, and it started off as a normal walk. 31 True Stories Of Deeply Disturbing Camping And Hiking Trips Gone Terrifyingly Wrong By Eric Redding Updated February 17, 2021. At one point the trail narrowed to about four feet wide, with a steep slope on one side and a sheer drop of ten feet to the creek on the other side. 1:52:56. This time I knew for sure because it didn’t have license plates. rising. Every home looked the same. Creepy and Scary Hiking Stories Story By User – NZT-48Rules Not good enough. Many of them had been dismembered by cars driving by, and I couldn’t avoid running over them since there were so many. But my two stories - and I will post the "reveals" because they're honestly mundane. Hiking the Appalachian Trail in Pennsylvania for a week in…2006 and my brother and I came across a young man who had hung himself. I was hiking down a trail in the dead of winter, along a stream. (It Depends). The trail was coated in a sheet of ice. crouched in the tree like some silent, naked monkey. It was very, very strange. 23 True Scary Horror Stories from Reddit // Lets Not Meet (Theme Stories Vol. 10 True Scary Horror Stories From Reddit Lets Not Meet (Vol. Sounds perfect Wahhhh, I don’t wanna. Spooky Boo Stories — Scary Stories from Reddit: The Shadow Man. It reminded me of Wile E. Coyote from the Roadrunner cartoons, when he looks at the camera and holds up a sign saying “HELP!” before plunging to the bottom of the cliff. Fog as thick as anything you can imagine. Can You Bike On These Trails? Definitely not as insane as most of the stories in threads like this – but sometimes I get that same sick feeling deep down, whenever I wonder what might have happened if the moon been less bright, or if I’d been more responsible, and I’d decided to use my flashlight even once. It was getting dark and I was so cold, and I was starting to get scared, but finally I got my boots untied and could change clothes. Published Apr 21, 2020. 175 points. (10 Popular Trails Checked). So if you feel like getting creeped out by some strange and intense stories, read below to hear from campers and hikers who’ve had terrifying encounters! Are Red Wing Boots Good For Hiking? It was about 1:00 in the morning, my dog rang her bell and I begrudgingly got up to take her outside. he had no expression on his face but his eyes were open really, really wide. Couple have a scary hike on Mount Shasta Couple took hike up Mount Shasta - the problem was coming down. Ever. But, Killer Orange Cat, I know you and a good percentage of your audience is supportive of gay people, as am I. So now I know there’s a person staring at my car trying not to move, for what I assume is for me to get out of my car and leave to a more secluded area as we were next to the road. Just remember, this world is a strange one! We all had spares, and one dude had a gun, so we threw on our donuts while that guy literally guarded us and got the hell out of there. He is now moaning in pain for real and makes genuine calls for help. He just points forward. Be the first to share what you think! One night the full moon was out, and the weather was perfect, so visibility was crazy good (everything was basically washed in dim blue light). admin. I didn’t even need my flashlight for most of it, and just hiked in the moonlight; it was actually a really cool/ beautiful experience at first. The user went on to explain that the original owners of the house had a … You’ll Never Want To Work As A Phone Sex Operator After Reading This Story. Age: Not Given. Something that made the hair on your neck stand up? A handful of terrifying true stories that have emerged from the pages of Reddit. × You disliked this video. My hands were so numb from cold I couldn’t untie my boots to get my pants off to change them. A handful of terrifying true stories that have emerged from the pages of Reddit. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I chose a super easy trail that was mostly flat/ maybe a mile loop, in pretty secluded area, but not exactly a national park or anything (very rural area). i stared at it for what seemed like forever, and it slowly stopped moving. Some of these scary stories even have silver linings as the storyteller escapes from danger, or, as in one scary story, a granny stares down a local serial killer. Dude wasn’t even armed, and apparently has had his ass kicked more times than he can count using that little line of his. Number One: Alone. It was definitely not there on the first trip. By Eric Redding Updated February 17, 2021. The kind of fear in this wrestling is the wrong kind. We … Being cautious, I got down on all fours to crawl across the patch of ice. I was slightly stoned, and feeling adventurous, and I love doing fun stuff alone, so I decided to go enjoy a night hike by myself. Halfway back, there was a lit candle sitting about eight feet up one side. Affordable tract housing lined the streets of most of America. The online community known as Reddit will stop at nothing to plumb the sum total of human experience. At this point we both wanted to get the hell out of there. And I am going to first start this out by letting you know that I am not gay. Fran And Jock. Scary Stories From Reddit That'll Keep You Up All Night. 268: Scary Reddit Stories, National Forest Horrors, and Bedtime Stories! Some are true, and some are fiction. Not so much hiking as walking home after work one night a lot of years ago. I was about 15 minutes running deep into the woods and still hadn’t seen anyone else around. When I was younger and stupider and going to college in the north Georgia mountains, my friends and I would go night hiking a lot on the trails near campus. I took a flashlight with me Incase she decided to poo so I could pick it up. report. if(typeof __ez_fad_position != 'undefined'){__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-hikingsoul_com-banner-1-0')}; I was hiking alone in the backcountry of the Canadian Rockies and it had been raining for days so the landscape was soaked, it was cold, and nobody else was around for many miles.

How To Level Ground For Inflatable Pool, Marimekko Stockists Australia, Naruto And Sasuke Wallpaper, Reclaimed Wood Corner Floating Shelf, Byredo Perfume Malaysia, Changing States Of Matter Activities, Intex S1 Filter The Range, Drowned Minecraft Skin, Basic Structure Of Macrophages, Full Bloom Contestants, Fiberglass Vs Concrete Pool,

Leave a Reply