sharon van etten influences

The “epic Ten” album features its original seven songs, plus seven new covers by close friends and collaborators. That fire — if it ever goes out, I'll stop playing. Set for release digitally on 16th April and physically on 11th June via Ba Da Bing, Big Red Machine ’s cover of ‘A Crime’ is out today. Van Etten speelt folk en indie muziek gecombineerd met elektronische muziek. Whenever I felt like I was getting to a place where I was hitting my head against the wall, I would stop, put down the guitar, and to clear my head, I would go to any other instrument in the room that wasn't a guitar. To celebrate the tenth anniversary of the release of ‘epic’, Sharon Van Etten has announced brand new double LP ‘epic Ten’, which features artists Sharon admires covering the songs! [Nick Cave] was one of the influences for the record when I first sat down with [producer] John Congleton and he asked me what my references were, what I had been listening to, and what was affecting my writing right now. Considering her sophomore album only spans seven songs, … Ze nam haar eigen liedjes op, die ze uitbracht in eigen beheer. Het volgende album Tramp (2012) nam ze op met Aaron Dessner, gitarist van de band The National. Ook schreef ze filmmuziek, onder andere voor Strange Weather van regisseur Katherine Dieckmann, en nam zij een cover op van het liedje The End of the World van Skeeter Davis voor de Amazon-serie The Man in the High Castle. Join NPR Music, Sharon Van Etten and Shamir in an online listening party for Van Etten's newest, 'epic Ten.' óŸëݼõ½¼s‡ßm¶Ü÷Mõå×{õÖÛñ¾]ӏ; Michael Cera's a funny influence. Sharon Van Etten's melancholy of influence. I connect typically with the things that happen in my life when I tell stories. I put [director] Mike Mills on my list because I had seen 20th Century Women during that time and the soundtrack is so amazing [as well as] the placement of the songs throughout the film. She has an amazing way with words. Haar eerste officiële album Because I Was in Love werd in 2009 uitgebracht op het label Language of Stone. We met because I played a show before my friend Rick Alverson, who's a director, and Michael Cera made a cameo. Deze pagina is voor het laatst bewerkt op 2 dec 2020 om 16:10. Het werd opgenomen in de Hexam Head Studio, die eigendom is van Weeks en zijn vrouw Jessica. I thought a lot about Bruce Springsteen and Patti Smith and how long they lived in cities and seen them change. Katherine Dieckmann reached out to my manager as soon as I decided to stay home for awhile and get off the road. Ze heeft op jonge leeftijd piano, klarinet en viool leren spelen, later speelde ze ook gitaar. We just got to talking and he'd been working and making music and had been wanting to get a practice space. Sharon Van Etten Articles and Media. Ahead of the release of Sharon Van Etten’s Epic anniversary album, Idles covered “Peace Signs.”. Celebrating ten years of epic with a special double album, culminating in a benefit concert and documentary filmed at Zebulon. Ze nam haar eigen liedjes op, die ze uitbracht in eigen beheer. Sharon Van Etten's official website. Sharon Van Etten ignited her own path to indie-rock stardom with her 2012 breakout album, Tramp, featuring the fever-dream single “Serpents.”Since then, she’s released another record (Are We There, in 2014), scored Katherine Dieckmann’s film Strange Weather, and began acting with guest-starring roles on The OA and Twin Peaks: The Return. So in a way, Katherine had a huge influence because while I was writing her score on guitar, I wrote this whole other record on synth. Sharon Van Etten 's epic Ten double album will arrive 16 April via Ba Da Bing, and is available to pre-order now. The songs appear in … Issued by itself and as the bonus half of the Tramp Deluxe Edition, Demos is a song-by-song collection of demos for Sharon Van Etten's breakthrough third album. Sharon Van Etten opens up about her dramatic new set of songs, Conor Oberst, Sharon Van Etten cover Bill Withers, Flaming Lips for Amazon kids' series, Sharon Van Etten releases ‘Not Myself,' honoring victims of Orlando shooting. I would think that [my single] "Seventeen" might draw you into a scene just as much as "Jupiter 4" would send you into a scene. ["Seventeen"] was definitely my homage to New York with a mix of Jersey perspective in there, watching neighborhoods change and claiming your hometown. ", Credit: Dick Yarwood/Newsday via Getty Images, How Michael Cera and Patti Smith influenced Sharon Van Etten's. I just had very specific location imagery [in mind] when I was writing those. De tekst is beschikbaar onder de licentie. That's why a lot of the writing on the record was written on synth and drums. As we close out #WomensHistoryMonth, Sharon Van Etten talks about what it was like watching her hero Lucinda Williams cover “Save Yourself” for the 10th Anniversary reissue of Epic — and how it made her see the song in a whole new light. Nadat die plaat verschenen was, maakte ze een tournee door de Verenigde Staten en speelde ze op een aantal festivals in Europa. Sharon Van Etten has just announced a new double album to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Epic.It’s called Epic Ten and will feature the original record alongside a new Epic covers performed by Fiona Apple, Lucinda Williams, and others.It’s due out digitally on April 16th and and physically on June 11th via Ba Da Bing.. Sharon Van Etten unveiled the final cover from her epic Ten reissue — and it's likely that it's the one you've been waiting for. There was a bookstore in the middle of nowhere that had some amazing artwork and I pulled out this book on Lee Krasner, Jackson Pollock's partner. Ze heeft op jonge leeftijd piano, klarinet en viool leren spelen, later speelde ze ook gitaar. Sharon Van Etten has been sharing a cover of one of her songs by various artists every Thursday for the past few weeks. Die heeft onder meer ook gewerkt met The War on Drugs, Kurt Vile en Joan Osborne. By DAPHNE CARR. Then I did Twin Peaks and Michael had a cameo in Twin Peaks — that was all the same month. Taking place on Randall's Island in NYC, this year's Governors Ball featured acts such as Rae Sremmurd, Björk, Drake, Lana Del Rey, and more. epic Ten: the documentary and concert april 16th & 17th.⁣ Adrianne [Lenker's] style of writing is so beautiful — it's like a short story. I'm not the best guitar player; I punch my guitar when I play. You get to a certain level with someone and you know that they understand you even better than they did before, and I feel like between Brit's story in The OA and my personal life, that's where that song came from. I was walking around Dumbo taking a break from recording and I caught myself laughing that a place I had gone to a couple of times had already closed. When the record comes out, school's over for that semester so I can focus on that again. Van Etten speelt folk en indie muziek gecombineerd met elektronische muziek. I had just gotten a synthesizer and drum machine and started working out my old demos with that old setup, and it called to mind Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' Skeleton Tree because it was very beat-driven and had a repetitive chorus all centered around vocals, which is how I tend to write. Ze zong ook op het album Trouble Will Find Me van The National. Op 26 mei 2014 bracht ze haar vierde album Are We There uit. His eyes lit up, and he was like, "Do you have a drum kit?" Sharon Van Etten Articles and Media. Needless to say, Van Etten has been busy — including writing her fifth studio album, Remind Me Tomorrow. Performing at KOKO, Sharon Van Etten created an intimate atmosphere, performing her evocative work under soft lighting effects and explaining a little about each song to the audience. ", Tomorrow is a departure from Van Etten's minimalist beginnings. Ultimately, however, she realized she was trying too hard to exert control over where the songs were wanting to go, and decided to instead lean into the influences of bands like Portishead, Suicide, and albums like Nick Cave’s Skeleton Tree. In 2016 kreeg Van Etten een rol aangeboden in de dramaserie OA van Netflix en in een aflevering van Twin Peaks (2017). These covers are set to appear … My friend Ben Goldberg at Ba Da Bing! And I was like, "Yeah, I have a drum kit and a piano." Entertainment Weekly may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. I said that thing all New Yorkers say when they start getting jaded: "This neighborhood's changing." Fiona Apple has covered Sharon Van Etten‘s track “Love More” for Van Etten’s anniversary edition of her 2010 album Epic. I think she liked having intellectual conversations, and he was very volatile. Known for complex songs about the dark side of love, the acclaimed singer-songwriter is back with a fifth album that explores synths, rock anthems, mental health and … Van Etten produceerde het album samen met Greg Weeks. So having that realization…. Relinquishing control … 4th March 2021. Sharon Van Etten (Belleville, New Jersey, 26 februari 1981) is een zanger-liedjesschrijver. It's like I'm just changing the tune. A few days before « Are We There » release, Sharon Van Etten gave an interview to musikplease. It makes you look at your past. 3,076 talking about this. In 2010 nam ze haar tweede album EPIC op voor het label Ba Da Bing!, waarbij ze samenwerkte met producer Brian McTear, de eigenaar van de Minerstreet/Cyclesound Recording Studio in Philadelphia. Sharon Van Etten’s Remind Me Tomorrow comes four years after Are We There, and reckons with the life that gets lived when you put off the small and inevitable maintenance in favor of something more present.Throughout Remind Me Tomorrow, Sharon Van Etten veers towards the driving, dark glimmer moods that have illuminated the edges of her music and pursues them full force. Set for release digitally on 16th April and physically on 11th June via Ba Da Bing, IDLES are now unveiling their cover of ‘Peace Signs’. Her personal life transformed as well: she had her first child and began going to school to become a psychologist. Every Thursday for the past few weeks, Sharon Van Etten has shared a cover of one of her songs by various artists. "Oddly it feels like I'm balanced. Each one of these artists continue to influence my writing and provide a sense of camaraderie during this new era of sharing music." It ties back to [his Jupiter 4] synthesizer, [which I recorded my song] "Jupiter 4" [on]. Entertainment Weekly is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Dat album werd opgenomen in Electric Ladyland Studios in New York. © Copyright 2021 Meredith Corporation. I was like, "I actually just found a space last week and was looking for one other person who wouldn't mind having my stuff set up." To celebrate the tenth anniversary of the release of ‘epic’, Sharon Van Etten has announced brand new double LP ‘epic Ten’, which features artists Sharon admires covering the songs! In the four years since Sharon Van Etten, 37, ... [Producer John Congleton] asked me what my influences were and I told him -- Nick Cave, Suicide, Portishead-- and he got really excited. Sharon Van Etten has just announced a new double album to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Epic.It’s called Epic Ten and will feature the original record alongside a new Epic covers performed by Fiona Apple, Lucinda Williams, and others.It’s due out digitally on April 16th and and physically on June 11th via Ba Da Bing.. [Producer John Congleton] asked me what my influences were and I told him -- Nick Cave, Suicide, Portishead-- and he got really excited. Die studio is vooral bekend doordat Jimi Hendrix daar zijn gelijknamige album opnam. Van het album verscheen in 2017 een herziene versie met twee extra nummers: I'm Giving Up on You en You Didn't Really Do That.'. She really just takes me to exactly that memory she was having; that dream, that memory, or that feeling in a relationship. I just started school and she asked me to do the score for her film Strange Weather and she referenced Ry Cooder. [Her canvases are] so beautiful. It seems she’s still in that mode of music-making as she employs the same tactic on her latest release, a gorgeous and dynamic cover of Sharon Van Etten’s “Love More. Sharon Van Etten has announced epic Ten—a double album celebrating her 2010 LP epic.The double album includes the original record and an … Here, she opts for cinematic synths and even-handed pop songs. In a lengthy Instagram post, Van Etten explained Apple’s influence on her music and how thrilled she is that the singer-songwriter is covering one of her songs, despite having never met. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter. Taking place on Randall's Island in NYC, this year's Governors Ball featured acts such as Rae Sremmurd, Björk, Drake, Lana Del Rey, and more. When I first moved here I remembered someone saying that about a place and I didn't really get the context. To celebrate the tenth anniversary of the release of ‘epic’, Sharon Van Etten has announced brand new double LP ‘epic Ten’, which features artists Sharon admires covering the songs! Ahead of its release on Jan. 18, Van Etten reveals in her own words the music, TV, and visual art that inspired Remind Me Tomorrow. Courtney Barnett Covers Sharon Van Etten’s ‘Don’t Do It’ Van Etten calls Barnett "an important musical influence" since 2014 Katherine Turman @katherineturman | April 1, 2021 - 10:34 am Offers may be subject to change without notice. Sharon Van Etten ignited her own path to indie-rock stardom with her 2012 breakout album, Tramp, featuring the fever-dream single "Serpents." Bibliothèque nationale de France: cb16668029x (data)Gemeinsame Normdatei: 1136667377Library of Congress Control Number: no2011024583MusicBrainz: 5a2e9cd3-010a-4aae-9f83-629253284202Virtual International Authority File: 297115309 WorldCat Identities (via VIAF): 297115309, Creative Commons Naamsvermelding/Gelijk delen, https://nl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sharon_Van_Etten&oldid=57666365, Wikipedia:Lokale afbeelding gelijk aan Wikidata, Language of Stone, Ba Da Bing!, Jagaguwar, Much More Than That /Over Your Shoulder (2007), I'm Giving Up on You / You Didn't Really Do That (2010), Stop Draggin' My Heart Around /A Wake for the Minotaur (2013), Dit artikel of een eerdere versie ervan is een (gedeeltelijke) vertaling van het artikel. Brooklyn's Sharon Van Etten displays the expressive voice and songwriting chops of peers such as Alela Diane, Marissa Nadler, and Jana Hunter. Sharon Van Etten's official website. Daarnaast speelt zij in diverse tv-series. [records] sent me a link to Big Thief and this song called "Masterpiece." That's one [thing] that [I learned from] working with Katherine — how to write to film and how the placement of a song can change the whole mood of a scene. Check out for the latest in her music, touring, and shop. epic Ten: the documentary … Even when I was folk I was listening to Civil Twilight, Meg Baird, Nick Cave, who are more about the psych world, but I was only playing the acoustic guitar and singing. Sharon Van Etten is a singer-songwriter known for he probing lyrics and enthralling vocals. These covers will be featured on Epic Ten, Van Etten… Sharon Van Etten unveiled the final cover from her epic Ten reissue — and it’s likely that it’s the one you’ve been waiting for. This is my first pop song." It's an art form in itself. He was like, "I'm in. Set for release digitally on 16th April and physically on 11th June via Ba Da Bing, Big Red Machine’s cover of ‘A Crime’ is out today. Tussen 2005 en 2008 bracht ze zeven platen uit, die ze verkocht tijdens optredens en via haar website. Bruce Springsteen and Patti Smith With her latest album, ‘Remind Me Tomorrow,’ Sharon Van Etten writes about finding love and happiness, and almost foregoes guitars entirely in the process. Her melodies are so interesting. When I started out I was a solo artist and I didn’t know how to play with other people but I have always had all those influences. St Panther's cover of "One Day" is out now. . “Each one of these artists continue to influence my writing and provide a sense of camaraderie during this new era of sharing music,” Van Etten says By Angie Martoccio In januari 2019 kwam het vijfde album Remind Me Tomorrow uit. Check out for the latest in her music, touring, and shop. That was something that colored my writing because, with my history of being with people that weren't supportive of my music, I still wanted to do it anyway. Die bespeelt ook diverse instrumenten op dit album. Dat album nam zij op met producer Stewart Lerman, die ook gewerkt heeft met Elvis Costello, Patti Smith, Sufjan Stevens en veel anderen. “Each one of these artists continues to influence my writing and provide a sense of camaraderie during this new era of sharing music,” Van Etten said in a statement. While I was setting up gear testing sounds [for"I Told You Everything"], I had this drum machine going and was testing the piano to see if it was in tune, and I just heard the lyrics and was just thinking about Brit Marling and The OA and her telling this insane story and some people not believing her. This June van Etten made a rare appearance in England, briefly stopping in London. ‘epic Ten’ album out april 16th. In november 2012 verscheen een uitgave met demo's van haar album Tramp. Op dit album wordt meer gebruikgemaakt van elektronische instrumenten, zoals drones, drumcomputer en synthesizer. We waited too long to go anywhere exotic for our babymoon, so we went to Shelter Island, which was really beautiful and really cold. Tussen 2005 en 2008 bracht ze zeven platen uit, die ze verkocht tijdens optredens en via haar website. Each one of these artists continue to influence my writing and provide a sense of camaraderie during this new era of sharing music.⁣ X. Sharon Van Etten updated their cover photo. The name ‘Sharon Van Etten’ sounds somewhat familiar to you? ... With Sharon Van Etten it’s the opposite. But for longtime fans, the familiarity of Van Etten's folk ethos is still weaved throughout the 10-track record, including fierce lead single "Comeback Kid" and the starry-eyed anthem "Seventeen.". Ahead of its release on Jan. 18, Van Etten reveals in her own words the music, TV, and visual art that inspired Remind Me Tomorrow. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Sharon Van Etten blended older songs with newer ones like the synth-heavy “Malibu” and the Portishead-influenced “Memorial Day.” It was this confident and stoic personality that came from a woman with a new lease on life, even without mentioning the specifics. I sent him an early demo of it like, "Thanks for helping me clear my head. "I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but I'm also stoked," she tells EW. Sharon Van Etten announced her upcoming project Epic Ten, an anniversary album where a bevy of guests will reinterpret each of the songs off of her 2010 album. But I usually play with guitar, so playing keys has a different rhythm. 01/19/2012 04:05 PM EST. Since then, she's released another record (Are We There, in 2014), scored Katherine Dieckmann's film Strange Weather, and began acting with guest-starring roles on The OA and Twin Peaks: The Return. They lived together, and they both had separate studios. Every RuPaul's Drag Race season 13 runway look, ranked, Spread the love with EW's Valentine's Day gift guide, The Masked Dancer revealed: Every unmasked celebrity on season 1, Patti Smith Patti Smith Group Portraits In Copenhagen, Artist Lee Krasner at the Pace Galley in 1977, 2018 Tony Awards Meet The Nominees Press Junket. Sharon Van Etten has been sharing covers of songs from her 2010 LP Epic for the upcoming 10th anniversary reissue epic Ten, and today (April 15) she’s unveiled a rendition of ‘Love More’ by Fiona Apple.Listen to it below.

Pal's Sudden Service Merchandise, European Leaf‑toed Gecko, Cornmeal Blueberry Pancakes, Where To Buy Real Shark Tooth Necklace, Pearl Veil Uk, Wayland Softball Tournament, Which Line Of Text Is Dialogue In A Play?, Chloe Perfume Malaysia, Annex 1 Aircraft,

Leave a Reply