tayana 37 pros and cons

Adventures aboard a Tayana 37 as Noi, Scott and Shanghai'd crewmates explore the Caribbean. The very first Tayana 37 that was delivered to Seattle was a ketch version. About the FORMOSA 51 sailboat The salty-looking gaff-rigged Norseboat 21.5 is just about the last boat you’d expect to see sailing against the shiny glass and steel backdrop of downtown Miami—which may explain why the beautiful people roaring by in their megayachts couldn’t seem to keep their eyes off us. The very first Tayana 37 that was delivered to Seattle was a ketch version. Its very hard to enjoy your boat when it becomes an unexpected drain on your financial resources. Valiant 42: Robert Perry design with a bowsprit added to Valiant 40. 37.5' Hunter Legend San Diego, California Asking $62,000. Has great sea motion and strong build. 38' Columbia 38 Columbia Palmetto, Florida Asking $21,900. Courtesy of John Koon/Tradewinds Marine Services, Inc. CAPAZ was very close winded. It should be a heavy little boat with the emphasis on the interior layout. New, Used, Power, Hybrid, Sailing and Super Yachts for sale on TheYachtMarket passage: Our hailing port is THE Austin, Texas but Serenity is currently splashed in Bradenton, Florida. The crew on this this multihull used for day charters in Hawaii stood a few feet away from this cracked toggle on the port backstay while they welcomed tourists aboard. The Tayana was a bluewater boat, capable of being in any conditions, much more toughly built. Come on folks, make an offer! Four years now on a catamaran. Sloop to Cutter, Pros v. Cons? Our refit budget includes a line item to change it out for an electric windlass, but after weighing the pros and cons of manual vs. electric, we figured why shell out the $5000+ on new installation when we have a perfectly good one sitting on deck? ... Documenting the refit of our 1977 Tayana 37 and getting ready for extended travel. Rich Ian-Frese Rich and Cat Ian-Frese’s Tayana 37, Anna, in the slings, showing the boat’s full keel and protected rudder.. Editor’s note: There are many types of hull design, rig configuration and material choices for offshore sailboats. Sailboat and sailing yacht searchable database with more than 8,000 sailboats from around the world including sailboat photos and drawings. All photos are from 2013 and 2014. We moor Kittiwake in Cagliari and fly to Spain to see the boat and have a study accomplished on her. Thanks to those of you who advised me about the pros and cons of their heater installations on their boats. #everythingboats The 21.5 is the third in the Norseboat series, 93065 Dear Tayana Lovers, As you know, the last newsletter was a biggie. Links: Tayana 37 – https://bit.ly ... protected waters and has a great liveaboard layout. -BP. Serenity is our 1985 37′ Tayana sailboat, designed by Bob Perry and built by Ta Yang shipyard. 2. 30' Alberg 30 Kemah, Texas Asking $11,000. If you would like to proceed, email me ([email protected]) or contact our Friday Harbor office with your credit card information, tel: 360-378-6131 or fax 360-378-6331 and fill out and return the following Boat Consultation Questionnaire.It is quicker if you can email me a Word.doc version of the questionnaire. Tayana 37: Prolific Robert Perry design that comes in many deck variations including ketch rigs. One day Bob came in the office and said he had an idea for a new boat. The 37 foot Tayanas have an amazing reputation and have been sailing the world for over forty years. She was a real fixer upper and wasn't outfitted with anything needed for blue water cruising, but she did meet the number one criteria of being affordable. ... Tayana 37 Gozzard 36/ 37 Pacific Seacraft Crealock 37 Esprit/ Valiant 37 CS 36 Traditional Pacific Seacraft Crealock 40 Valiant 40 Passport 40 Bristol 41.1. But you have my basic thoughts on the pros and cons of split rigs. Salaries, reviews, and more - all posted by employees working at Tayana Software Solutions. Another option is to join us for an Offshore Cruising Seminar. Serenity is our 1985 37' Tayana sailboat, designed by Bob Perry and built by Ta Yang shipyard. We talked to four voyaging couples and asked them about the pros and cons of the choice they made when they decided on a voyaging boat. The Espar does a great job, no soot, no moisture, no fire hazard. The boat was beautifully balanced and went to weather very well. I will deliver the vessel for a fee to be determined based on location. The stern shape I used for the Valiant 40, 32 and 47, Esprit 37, Tayana 37 ( they built over 600 of these), Hans Christian 34 ( my step child the HC 36 aka Union Polaris 36, Mao Ta 36, et al), Polaris 43, the Baba 30, 35 and 40, the Tashiba 31, and 36 was what I began to call a “tumblehome canoe stern”. - Traditional lines. When we bought her, Ramble On came equipped with a Simpson Lawrence 555 Sea Tiger manual windlass for cranking in anchor and chain. Hair La Vie is a line of natural hair care products and daily vitamins designed to address issues like frizz, dryness, thinning hair, and more. Making decisions that keep not only the cost of your initial purchase, but also the long-term cost of ownership, well within you financial means is one of the critical factors of keeping the pleasure in boating. I like double-enders and the like but I understand there are pros/ cons. Here’s our listing of the pros and cons.In a nutshell, we LOVE our Gemini catamaran for what we are now doing — two people living aboard full-time, coastal cruising in the Florida Keys and going to the Bahamas for several months at a time. The U.S. Coast Guard Marine Safety Alert, “ Sailboat Rigging Dangers ,” issued in 2009, has links to a couple of helpful websites. Thread starter dwayne13628; Start date Aug 7, 2005; Forums. View the ultimate selection of Boats for sale from around the world. ). This is a Tayana 36.9 for less than $50k that needs not much work. While they each had their pros and cons, none were really beating our original favorite – the Tayana. A 50 ft Tayana built in the Ta Yang boat yard. If you are a longtime boat owner, you know that owning a boat is a costly affair. This rigging danger is hiding in plain sight. On her blog, thewaywardhome.com she notes the pros and cons of small boat cruising, definitely on the side of “go small, go now” philosophy of cruising. Be a part of us as we go inspect and study our new-to-us bluewater sailboat, a fiberglass Tayana 37 from 1976, designed by Bob Perry. This boat is turn key and sound. The raked mast produced wicked weather helm and a water tank forward makes her pound according to Perry and TOG News. Tuesday, December 1, 2015. Bob already had the interior laid out in his mind down to the last detail. Here, I compare our Gemini catamaran to our Tayana 37 heavy monohull and describes the pros and cons of each. Pros & Cons of a Staysail Schooner Rig Hey All, My family and I currently sail around the Saginaw bay area of Michigan in a Catalina 30 , and I assume, like many on this forum, often dream of buying a bigger boat and casting off (especially after rough days at work , haha! First off, thank… Nice flat day to give the #precisionsails custom # Dual monitors with an HDMI switch for when you wan. Best Jobs in the UK 2021 NEW! The boat will be moved to the transient dock on April 1 if not relocated by then. We’ve heard a lot of pros and cons on insulation. They were selling Tayana 37's with good regularity. Robert H. Perry is a U.S. yacht designer based in Seattle, Washington. The other ketch that surprised me was CAPAZ, a 48’ motorsailer with an all inboard rig. The boat was beautifully balanced and went to weather very well. After viewing a couple boats in Bellingham, WA we were walking off the docks and Kerri spotted a 1979 Baba 35 – another Bob Perry design – which had just been put up for sale. See what employees say it's like to work at Tayana Software Solutions. One of our new members, Harry McDonald, had volunteered to reproduce and mail out the copies. They can all work well given a good design but none match the performance of the standard sloop for efficiency. Examples of this type of design: Valiants, Pacific Seacraft 34, 37, 40, 44. Pros and Cons of Cutter ... Tayana 37 cutter; I20/M20 SCOWS Worton Creek, MD Jun 5, 2008 #18 BaySailor ----Just use the runner on the opposite side when going downwind - if the boom is out to port, use the stbd side runner. 38' S&S 38' Jacksonville, Florida Asking $59,000. View a wide selection of Hans Christian boats for sale in your area, explore detailed information & find your next boat on boats.com. I got the idea for this shape from a K. Aage Nielsen design, HOLGER DANSK. Sailboats have seen increasingly wide transoms since - I don’t know when - maybe 1960, but this trend accelerated around 2000. Sharing our thoughts and all the pros and cons of a boat, many times the drive home would be in a contemplative silence. There are many suitable, well-built boats of this design type and they are a popular choice for long distance ocean cruising. Charleston To Points South Once again, I am far behind on the blog post thing and once again I apologize. Liveaboard Kristin Hanes first lived on a 26-foot catamaran and now on a Tayana 37, along with her husband. Search. TAYANA 37 Newsletter # 11 1348 Nonchalant Dr. Simi Valley, CA. Greetings and salutations from Serenity! With that in mind I began whittling what at first seemed like a daunting array of boats down to just a handful, finally producing a short list that read thus: Hans Christian 38, Tayana 37, Camper Nicholson 35 or Contessa 32. The news seems to pile up and then it's forgotten. I swear they looked more than a little envious. I'll go back to the Charleston, S.C., to Fernandina Beach, Fl. This came about due to construction moving from wood to GRP, and then fashions changing over time. 37' Tayana Tayana 37 Daytona Beach, Florida Asking $63,500. We like to think we own Serenity, but the truth is, we own each other. But you have my basic thoughts on the pros and cons of split rigs. Partial-Skeg Rudders can be semi-balanced which is like having power steering. … Forums for All Owners. He wanted a 30' version of the Tayana 37. Harry's printer goofed and did not run the pages back to back. Our hailing port is THE Austin, Texas but Serenity is currently splashed in Bradenton, Florida.

Aqua Systems Water Softener Setup, Percy Jackson And The Greek Gods Graphic Novel, Kenmore Oven Racks, Single Strand Paracord Bracelet, Why Are Sundays So Depressing Music Video Cast, Jaws: The Revenge Vengeance, Ge Pp9030djbb Reviews, Best Vw Camper Conversion Companies, Ceramic Vase Art,

Leave a Reply